Friday, February 12, 2010
Sleep No More by Susan Crandall review &giveaway
Here's what the publishers have to say,
The night was always Abby Whitman's enemy. As a young girl she walked in her sleep, and one night, she started a fire that scarred her sister for life and left Abby with unbearable guilt . . . and a loneliness that echoes within her. Now Abby has begun blacking out again-with apparently fatal results. A car accident has killed the son of a prominent family. Even though the evidence seems to exonerate her, Abby is plagued by doubts-and soon by mysterious threats. Psychiatrist Dr. Jason Coble is intrigued by Abby and offers to help her explore the dark recesses of her mind.
If you are looking for a suspenseful romance novel than Sleep No More is the book for you. I did have a bit of trouble getting into the book at first but I did find that more I read the more intrigued I became. It offered the right amount of thrills, chills, frills that accompany this genre writing, I found the characters interesting, and the plot held my attention after chapter 7. I would recommend this book to those who like a bit of mystery.
Five Fun Facts about Sleep No More
1) Susan has always had a deep seated fear of being stuck in a car submerged in water at night. She tapped into that fear when she wrote the accident scene in SLEEP NO MORE. To top it off, she set it in an ultra-creepy South Carolina Lowcountry swamp. This one kept her awake at night.
2) During her young childhood years, Susan’s daughter was a sleepwalker. Luckily there was an alarm on the house, and she never made it outdoors.
3) This book met its deadline even though during the last writing weeks Susan was battling a stomach virus. Therefore her “snack of the book” (see book pages on www.susancrandall.net for each book’s deadline snack) was box after box of mini-saltines.
4) Susan’s son is also a fiction writer. His first novel is almost finished.
5) Susan had some misconceptions about sleepwalking when she started developing this book. One of the main points she had wrong required her to totally adjust her plan for this story. Originally she’d intended to have Abby begin to recall scraps of memory as she worked with Dr. Jason Coble. As it turns out, sleepwalkers do not recall anything they do while sleepwalking. Research showed her the error of her ways.
Category: FICTION, ROMANCE
Format: MASS MARKET
Edition: Forever Special Release
Publish Date: 1/1/2010
Contest Starts February 11
I will be giving away 5 copies on February 26
TO ENTER PLEASE LEAVE YOUR NAME AND A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS
Contest is open to residents of the US & Canada only.
Sorry P.O. Boxes will not be accepted.
Thanks to Hachette for allowing this contest