Friday, March 5, 2010
Jordan by Susan Kearney Blog Tour review & giveaway
Here's what the Publishers have to say
Vivianne Blackstone devotes herself to her career, putting her love life on hold. Her latest project is a spaceship designed to protect Earth from the deadly Tribes. But its engineer, the alluring Jordan McArthur, now threatens both her job and her wary heart . . .
Jordan's past goes back to King Arthur, and he must find the ancient artifact that can save the galaxy. Vivianne's ship is his best hope, but convincing the fiercely independent beauty won't be easy. Especially when the passion flaring between them burns through their defenses - and love is the last thing they need to survive.
I found the story to be an interesting read. This would be the perfect book for those who like time-travel and history. Although readers should know that this was a rather steamy read, more so than the other that I have read. For fans of paranormal romances this is the book for you. Plus don't forget to read the other two books in the Pendragon Legacy series.
Five Fun Facts about Jordan:
1. People always ask me where my ideas come from. When I was walking by a stuffed owl in a hobby shop, I needed a reason to buy it—especially since I really had no need of a stuffed owl. But I wanted it. And I thought if I put the owl in a book, it would be a tax deduction, especially if I used the owl in a video. And that's how the owl came to be a major character in the Pendragon Legacy Trilogy and got to star in Jordan.
2. Jordan is over fifteen hundred years old. He lived during the time of King Arthur. And despite his warrior ways, chivalry was instilled into his soul.
3.George, the Boston Terrier in the book, is sitting on my lap as I type. He's been my pet for over eight years—and no he's not a tax deduction. However, petting him seems to lower my stress levels. And in real life, George got his name because he's always curious. When he's not out saving the galaxy from the Tribes, he likes to chase laser pen lights.
4. Jordan's book cover is my all-time favorite. And after fifty plus books, that's saying a lot. And to have my favorite cover on my all-time favorite book is just awesome!
5. Of course I like all my books, but when the tension between an alpha male and an alpha female is sparking, well it just adds so much tension to the pages. Jordan has been a dragon shaper and been on a mission for over a thousand years. Vivianne Blackstone is a self-made billionaire and also a dragon shaper. While the two of them rarely see eye-to-eye, when it comes to passion, they steamed up the pages.
Five Fun Facts about Lucan:
1. Susan Kearney was a three-time All American diver for the University of Michigan. After college she performed in diving shows where she set herself on fire four times a day. While she no longer performs her signature fire dive, now she does something really hot, she writes hot romances, with sexy hunks and alpha females set in the future.
2. Kearney has written over fifty books but the Pendragon Legacy trilogy is her first series based upon ancient Arthurian legends.
During research, Kearney discovered that before Arthur died he left the Holy Grail in Avalon for safe keeping. But Avalon has never been found--not in England or anywhere else on Earth. Legend says Avalon receded into the mists. Bit of course Avalon didn't disappear, it remains where it's aways been, half way across the galaxy. But it take one sexy and determined hero to set off on a quest . . . a quest that leads him straight into the arms of the High Priestess of Avalon--a woman with secrets of her own.
3. While Susan Kearney was walking through the mall, she spied a stuffed owl in the toy store. The owl's eyes blink. His head turns and his arms flap. The only way she could justify buying him was to put him in her book. So voila! Merlin was created and while he's in Lucan and Rion, he takes a starring role in Jordan.
4. Kearney grew up reading science fiction and later turned to romance. She loves combining her two favorite genres. Why? Because worldbuilding allows her to place human characters in situations that she can't create on Earth. Her heroes and heroines take all their hopes and dreams, their courage and flaws, with them into the future. Kearney wants readers to know her books are about men and women who fall in love. Book covers are really important to her and she's delighted with the sexy men on the covers for her new series.
5. Kearney loves to figure skate and belly dance. And travel. She just returned from a trip to Asia. Pictures from her trip (as well as excerpts from her latest book) are posted on her web site (www.susankearney.com).
Five Fun Facts about Rion
1. RION, the second book in the Pendragon Legacy Series, came to me while I was writing LUCAN. Rion just showed up in Lucan's book and his eyes might have been haunted by tragedy, he might have been dirty after a long trek through the mountains, but his ripped muscles and a five o'clock shadow made him sexy. And the regal gleam in his eyes automatically told me he was hero material. You know the kind of guy I mean, the kind that kidnaps a heroine and takes her across the galaxy on a save-the-world kind of mission!
2. Marisa is one of those heroines who appeals to me on a multitude of levels. She's smart, kind, vulnerable and thinks fast on her feet. She likes a man with a soft heart and a hard head. In addition, she's a woman with a special telepathic ability--not only can she use telepathy when she's in her dragon form, she's telepathic as a human. Her paranormal ability allows her to train dragons. And it makes her uniquely qualified to help Rion free his people from slavery.
3. Dragons, Dragon, Dragons. Yes, they are huge, powerful and sexy. But did you also know that to survive they need to supplement their diet with platinum? Or that they can mate while flying? And that their babies are really cute--especially when they try to ride dogs?
4. Susan Kearney's favorite color is purple. And that's the same color as RION's cover. In addition, Kearney's kitchen is a dark royal purple with white trim. And the crown molding of her living room ceiling is lavender. But purple is also the color of royalty and Rion... is the King of Chivalry.
5. Paranormal romance is Susan Kearney's favorite genre. And she likes futuristic romance best of all. What's even more fun is tying the future and other worlds to Earth's legends. And while King Arthur may be a legend, his story has inspired movies, television and books. Kearney's version might be a little out there... but the idea of knights, chivalry and honor surviving with humanity as mankind goes into space and explores other worlds has always fascinated Kearney, and she hopes readers will love to go along with her characters into hyperspace for the ride. Each book in the series can be read separately. Lucan, Rion, and Jordan are each a love story in their own right. But together... you can read a space saga. And if by chance you missed LUCAN, it's still in print. RION will be out in late November and watch for JORDAN in March 2010. Read the Pendragon Legacy series and romance around the galaxy will be part of your dreams, too.
Format: MASS MARKET
Publish Date: 3/1/2010
About the author USA TODAY bestselling author Susan Kearney is a native of New Jersey and has a Business Degree from the University of Michigan. Her fifty plus books include contemporary, romantic suspense, historical, futuristic, science fiction and paranormal novels. She resides in a suburb of Tampa-with her husband, kids, Boston terriers and iguana. Currently she's plotting her way through her 52st work of fiction. You can reach her through her web site at www.susankearney.com.
I Have 3 copies to giveaway.
Contest ends March 29.
Open to residents of US and Canada.
Sorry No P.O. Boxes.
To enter leave your name and a valid email address.
Both the book and the contest provided thanks to Hachette Book Group.