Thursday, April 1, 2010
Montana Legacy by R.C. Ryan blog tour review and giveaway
They're the McCords...three rugged, sexy cowboy cousins who'll inherit the family range--if they seek the treasure hidden on it. But even more precious are the women who can tame their wild hearts...
She was the one person who shook Jesse McCord's quiet determination. She was the only one he ever let in, body and soul. Then suddenly Amy Parrish was gone and the oldest McCord cousin devoted his life to the family ranch. Now Amy is back, offering help to Jesse find the McCord gold. Yet Jesse's not about to give her a second chance, and he hopes his pride will protect him from her irresistible charms. But under the wide prairie skies a dangerous, unseen enemy is fast closing in, threatening Amy and Jesse's very lives and the promise of their ...
Montana Legacy was the first western based romance book that read and I have to say that I was not disappointed. Author R.C. Ryan has created lovable characters set against an amazing backdrop of Montana. Montana Legacy has the perfect blend of romance, western themes, as well as a good old fashioned treasure hunt. It also has just the right amount of suspense and intrigue that will make you want to finish the book in one setting.
Five Fun Facts
1. The names of all three cousins in this series are famous Western names that I've always loved: Jesse (James), Wyatt (Earp), and Zane (Grey).
2. There really was a gold strike in 1862 Montana at Grasshopper Creek. I doubt the nuggets were as big as a man's fist or thumb, but why not dream big? I love the idea of a treasure lost for a century or more, leading a family into the treasure hunt.
3. In Montana Legacy, part of the fun of reading is that Jesse McCord and Amy Parrish were childhood sweethearts, separated by circumstances. I think everybody can recall their first big love. A few very lucky people actually reconnect with that first love and make it work. Oh, I'm one of them. Very happily married to the guy I met in first grade.
4. Montana is one of my favorite locations in which to set a series because it has such an ever-changing landscape. In that single state, you can find plains, hills, mountains, waterfalls, and four distinct seasons, each of which is simply more spectacular than the last, and I purposefully tried to use all of them in this series.
5. I'm not certain this story could work anywhere else but in the rough, rugged west. Though Jesse tries to be politically correct, there's just something in his genes that has him breaking a lot of rules. I find readers are much more willing to give a pass to a cowboy. Don't you agree? But maybe I'm prejudiced, since Jesse was inspired by my husband—a blunt, plain-spoken rule-breaker. A warrior who would risk his life for the people he loves. And for all his rough edges, he's the most loving, tender-hearted man I know.
New York Times bestselling author R.C. Ryan has written more than ninety fiction novels, both contemporary and historical. Quite an accomplishment for someone who, after her fifth child started school, gave herself the gift of an hour a day to follow her dream to become a writer.
The Lost, an anthology of stories by J.D. Robb, Mary Blayney, Patricia Gaffney, and R.C. Ryan writing as Ruth Ryan Langan was published in Fall 2009. Ms. Ryan’s story, “The Legacy,” is an exciting tale of intrigue and other-worldly adventure.
In a career spanning more than twenty years, Ms. Ryan has given dozens of radio, television, and print interviews across the country and Canada, and has been quoted in such diverse publications as the Wall Street Journal and Cosmopolitan. She has also appeared on CNN News, as well as Good Morning America.
Visit the author's website
Category: FICTION, ROMANCE
Format: MASS MARKET
Publish Date: 3/1/2010
I have 3 copies to giveaway.
Please leave your name and a valid email address.
Contest ends April 14