Friday, June 24, 2011

A Trip Down the Rabbit Hole! Books and hats and holidays!

Hello Readers,

It’s HOLIDAY TIME!! Yippee! I am officially on holiday until June 15th, although I will blog while off!

Being on holiday gives me ample time to catch-up on my ever-growing to be read pile. Several books have caught me eye that I simply cannot wait to read.

Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather Lynn Rigaud (September, 2011)

At the moment I am wavering between “will I like it?’ and “will I not like it?”. I keep picking up the arc and then placing it back on my shelf not quite sure what to expect, but I do have to say this book looks as though it will hold my interest. Before my holiday is over, I will read this book!



Catriona by Jeanette Baker

Having fallen in love with Legacy, I cannot wait to start this book. I love how she intertwines the past and the present.







Whispers in the Sand by Barbara Erskine

This will be my first time reading a novel by Barbara Erskine, and after hearing the amazing buzz about her books I am thrilled to have it in my tbr pile. In fact I just may have to move it to the top of the pile!






Sylvester or the Wicked Uncle by Georgette Heyer

I cannot wait to curl up with this book. The blurb on the back caught my eye:

Rank, wealth, and elegance are no match for a young lady who writes novels…
Sylvester, Duke of Salford, has exacting requirements for a bride. Then he encounters Phoebe Marlow, a young lady with literary aspirations, and suddenly life becomes very complicated. She meets none of his criteria, and even worse, she has written a novel that is sweeping the ton and causing all kinds of gossip…and he’s the main character!

Doesn’t it sound brilliant!




How to Seduce a Scoundrel by Vicky Dreiling

I simply have to read this after reading How to Marry a Duke. Stay tuned because I will be hosting a giveaway for How to Seduce a Scoundrel.






Black Ties and Lullabies by Jane Graves

I received an arc of this yesterday and desperately want to devour it!










The Vampire Next Door by Ashlyn Chase

This will be my first time reading Ashlyn Chase and I am eager to do so.









The Greatest Love on Earth by Mary Ellen Dennis

The cover alone peaked my curiosity, now I have to see what it’s all about!






That’s my short list of what I am itching to read. I am currently reading


Pillow Talk by Freya North, and I have to say I am rather enjoying. As a fan of Brit-Chick lit, this book is right up my alley. Sourcebooks is releasing this title in July, so make sure you add it to your tbr list.

When I am not working, reading, or writing you can find me covered in paint- well my hands at least. In my spare time I am bit of an artist, although sadly I hardly have the time to break out the paints anymore. Hopefully while on holiday I will be able to finish the canvas I started a few weeks ago.









However I did mange to finish a sketch from a few months back










and I finally found a frame for it.

















As of late I have become a bit of a hatter and I can definitely see why some of them went mad. The work that goes into making a single hat is exceeding tedious, so that is why I have only completed two.

A tea hat


















A historic pillbox type complete with a peacock feather















I have a few other designs in mind, a regency type bonnet, and a renaissance inspire attifet that was made famous by Mary, Queen of Scots. I will let you know how they turn out!

Until next time,
Best Wishes & Happy Reading,


No comments: