Sunday, December 4, 2011

Classics Challenge 2012

I love Classic novels, although due to my TBR pile, my Classics often get overlooked. Now, I have a reason to read them!

classicschallenge

The Challenge:
Read seven works of Classic Literature in 2012
Only three of the seven may be re-reads

How Does it Work?
I've organized this challenge to work a little like a blog hop. I hope this will make it more interactive and enjoyable for everyone.

Instead of writing a review as you finish each book (of course, you can do that too), visit November's Autumn on the 4th of each month from January 2012 - December 2012.

You will find a prompt, it will be general enough that no matter which Classic you're reading or how far into it, you will be able to answer. There will be a form for everyone to link to their post. I encourage everyone to read what other participants have posted.

What I am going to read:

1-Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë: For some reason unbeknownst to be, I have never read this book. I have had a copy sitting on my bookshelf for what seems like an eternity and now I finally am reading it!

2-The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde: I watched the BBC movie with Ben Barnes, now I am eager to read the book.

3-Sons & Lovers by D.H. Lawrence: I purchased this book a few years back, then came down with a horrid case of the chickenpox (I was 21 when I came down with them, so any case would have been horrid) and forgot that I bought it.

4-Dubliners by James Joyce: Another classic that fell by the wayside due to the chickenpox

5- Dracula by Bram Stoker: I cannot believe that I have never read this book…

6-Persuasion by Jane Austen- Re-read. I have been in a Wentworth mood as of late.

7-Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte- Re-read.  My favorite novel.

Until We Meet Again,
Best Wishes & Happy Reading,
Angela Renee

3 comments:

Anne said...

Great list! Some of my favorite books are on it- good luck!

Katherine Cox said...

I love Persuasion and Jane Eyre too. :) Thank you for joining the challenge, Angela Renee!

Elizabeth said...

GREAT choices.

I need to read more classics. My favorite is REBECCA!!

OLD FOLLOWER

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
http://silversolara.blogspot.com