Saturday, February 1, 2014

Inside & Out book tag

The Inside & Out Book Tag is one of those things I heard about it through the blogvine and decided I should give it a go.

The blogvine: I found this from The Paperback Stash, who found it from Books, Biscuits, and Tea...who found it from Sabrina's Blog...who found it from A DayDreamers' Thoughts... Original tag created from MathomBooks from Youtube. Please join in too, it's fun!
I
Inside flap/Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss)

I like just a hint of what the book is about. I don’t want an information dump or the author’s quarry to the editor; I just want a short sweet blurb about the book that gives nothing away.

N
New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: Audiobook, E-Book, Paperback, or Hardcover?

It depends…if it’s a book that I plan to read only once, then a paperback copy is fine. If it’s a book that I know that I’m going to keep, I will search for the hardback. E-books are only bought when that format is the only format available. Normally I only buy Audiobooks on a whim.
 
S
Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)

CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN!!!! I’m picky about my books. No writing, no dog-earing the pages, no bending the covers back of a paperback, when reading a hardback the dust jacket must be removed and placed in a safe spot. And definitely no breaking the spines. Needless to say, I don’t allow many to borrow my books.
I
In your best voice, read for us your favorite 1st sentence from a book.

If the Duke of Robinsworth had known it would be so difficult to raise a daughter alone, he never would have killed his wife.

-A Lady and Her Magic by Tammy Falkner…best first line, just wished the book would have been better and the main character not a fairy.


D
Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you're deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author's gender?

Nope. I look solely at the writing. Ever read ahead? or have you ever read the last page way before you got there? I’ve had the urge, but never acted on it.
 
&
 

Organized bookshelves, or Outrageous bookshelves?
 
  My Tudor bookshelf is so pristinely organized that you would think it came out of a research library. My other shelves are organized by author, but not nearly as put together as my Tudor shelf.
U

Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?

Guilty as charged! And, if I must confess, most of the books I’ve bought because of the cover have been really horrid.

T
Take it outside to read, or stay in?

I love reading in the back garden or on the porch if the weather isn’t cooperating. Although reading inside works too when the weather is too cold to go out.
 

post signature

No comments: