Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Waking Up Married by Mira Lyn Kelly

Title: Waking Up Married
Author: Mira Lyn Kelly
Publisher: Harlequin Kiss
ISBN: 9781460338070
How I Read It: E-book I purchased
Rating: 4.5 Crowns
 
 
 
 
 
 
Her first thought: "Who are you?"
 
It's the morning after her cousin's bachelorette party in Vegas and Megan Scott wakes up with the mother of all hangovers. Even worse, she's in a stranger's penthouse having woken up with something else as well—a funny, arrogant, sexy…husband!
 
Up until now, finding even a boyfriend had seemed impossible—been there, got the broken heart, sworn off men for good. Then a few martinis with Carter…no, Connor Reed and she's gone from first meet to marriage in one night!
 
Megan wants a lawyer. But Connor's shocking bombshell?
 
"I don't want a divorce."
 
 
 
Wanting a baby, but not the complication of a man, Megan decides to go the sperm bank route. Although things get rather complicated when Megan Scott wakes up in Vegas with a hangover and a husband she doesn’t remember.
 
Conner Reed seems to be the perfect man for Megan Scott, who showed up at his table rambling on about her plans to have a baby minus the father. He wants a family but not in the traditional sense as he wants nothing to do with love. With the help of strong liquor, Conner convinces Megan to marry him. The only problem is she doesn’t remember a single thing the next morning.
 
Megan wants an annulment but Conner still wants a family. After a bit of persuasion, Conner talks Megan into giving their quickie marriage a go. Yet when two determined and self-reliant people are thrown together, things never go as expected.
 
I read Waking Up Married, the first book in the Kiss line, when it was first released, but for some reason I never posted the review.
 
The plotline was one that has been done in many times over in all subgenres of romance. So I was expecting the book to be a little trite and the plot being more than a little worn out. However, I was highly surprised that the book was fun, fresh, and contemporary, which was exactly what the Kiss line promised.
 
Conner and Megan were strong-minded characters, almost to the point I wanted to wallop them from time to time. I think that is what frustrated me the most about this book. If they would have just laid out their feelings sooner, I would have been so happy. But, if I’m, being honest, it was the will-they-won’t –they finally get their act together angle that had me staying up until the wee hours of the morning to finish the book.
 
Was I satisfied when the last page was read? I was, although I am sucker for knowing what happened after the hero and heroine finally get their crap together, so I wished it would have been a bit longer so those avenues could have been explored.
 
 

 
 
 

No comments: