Friday, December 4, 2015

Outlander-inspired Je Suis Prest Cuff Bracelet from Tag Your “IT”

 
This lovely copper cuff is hand-stamped on the outside with ‘Je Suis Prest’ the motto of clan Fraser. Stamped on the inside is the translation, ‘I am ready’. This was actually one of my favorite moments from both the book and the show, and as the Simmons clan is a sept of the Fraser clan, ‘Je Suis Prest’ is actually the motto of my ancestors so it makes this cuff extra special for me.  
 

I’ve worn this bracelet for a few weeks now and I have to say, it’s becoming one of my favorite pieces of jewelry. As it’s a cuff bracelet, it’s very easy to wear. I don’t have to worry about removing it when I type and it’s adjustable so it fits nearly every wrist.
 

It’s very light on my wrist, yet it’s a very sturdy bracelet—I’ve worn it carrying in groceries, moving around boxes, putting up the Christmas tree and it’s retained its shape beautifully.
 
I really love the look of this bracelet. The copper catches the light, the letting is even, and I love that the lettering has a hand-written look to it rather than a manufactured look.
 
It’s also a great conversation starter. Either they recognize ‘Je Suis Prest’ from Outlander or they ask what it means.
 
You can find this lovely piece HERE
 
Looking for the perfect gift for the Outlander fan in your life. Dawn Turner, the lovely proprietor of Tag Your “IT”, has you covered. Check out her handmade Outlander-inspired creations HERE.



About Tag Your "It"  
I created Tag Your "It" out of my love for animals, and the need to properly identify them, which is where the "It" came from. As I began selling more and more, the requests for "human" jewelry became greater, and "It" can be anything from your four legged to two legged babies, your keys, or even your mother in law! I love to be creative! I use several different techniques to make everything truly one of a kind, and welcome any special requests. Please feel free to email me with any questions! Thanks for checking us out!
 
~ Dawn
Find Tag Your "IT" on:
http://www.amazon.com/handmade/tagyourit   https://www.etsy.com/shop/tagyouritdotbiz 
 

No comments: