Thursday, June 2, 2016

Fleischmann’s Simply Homemade Baking Mix: Multi-Grain Bread



Fleischmann's Simply Homemade No Knead Bread Mix is a quick and easy staple for your daily meals. In less than an hour, you can prepare this tasty mix. Just add water, stir, let it rise and put it in the oven. This multi-grain bread provides 3g of fiber per serving.

 

Fleischmann's Simply Homemade Multi-Grain No Knead Bread Mix:

•Just add water

•Less than 1 hour

•6 to 8 servings

•Baked bread, 14 oz: Easy as stir, rise, bake


 
I love having fresh bread to serve with meals, sadly, however, I don’t always have time to put throw things in the bread machine or make a few loaves in the oven. Then something brilliant happened. I received a ‘try one on us’ coupon from Fleischmann’s in my Pinch Me box.

 
 

So, I wasn’t really sure what to expect. I’ve never been overly fond of bread mixes that come from a box. They either taste like baking powder or fail to rise. So, I was a bit skeptical. Although, I have to say, this bread mix surprised me.

 

This was super simple. Basically, you add in the yeast packet and water wait until yeast is active, add in bread mix, stir, kneed a few times, allow to rise, then bake. And it was so tasty and no one knew that it was a bread mix.
 

 
 
The only problem, and it wasn’t technically a problem, was that it actually takes a bit longer than an hour. It took about 30 minutes for the yeast to activate, and waiting until the yeast to froth up is actually an important step. If it’s not activated, the bread will not rise. You’re also supposed to allow the bread itself to rise and this took a bit longer. All in all, it took about two hours to finish this bread.

 



The loaf is rather small but it’s perfect for a single meal and will easily serve up to 8 people. For the price, which ranges from $2.99-$3.99 in my local grocery stores, this is actually a rather brilliant bread and I would highly recommend giving it a go.

 


I’ve now tried several different varieties of  Fleischmann's Simply Homemade No Knead Bread Mix and have loved each one of them.


Looking for something quick to serve with your bread?



No comments: