Thursday, June 9, 2016

Outlander Product Reviews {Acrylic Travel Cup}{Ceramic Mug}{Magnetic Bookmark Set}


A day of fun awaits you today, get out and play! Stay quenched along the way with Vandor's Outlander 18 Ounce Acrylic Travel Cup. This double wall travel cup features a screw-on lid with reusable straw and resists condensation. It is perfect for hydrating on the go, and the double wall keeps drinks cold!
 
Price (on Amazon) $9.54
Would I buy it again? Yes. I’ve actually purchased one for my mum. And a replacement cup.
 
My Thoughts: As you all know, I’m Outlander-obsessed! So when this popped up on Amazon, I knew I had to have it, plus I’m a massive fan of acrylic travel cups.
 
So, this is a nice 18 ounce cup. One side features Jaime and Claire and the opposite side features the golden crest. I love that the lid actually fits the cup. I’ve noticed that some of the acrylic travel cups have problems with the lids fitting correctly so it’s nice I’ve not had to worry about these. They are durable but they don’t appreciate being dropped on the kitchen floor. I only dropped it about a foot or two but I have hardwood floors so the inside wall cracked. My only problem with it was the fact that it doesn’t resist condensation.

Make a statement with your morning cup of joe. The Vandor Outlander 12 Ounce Ceramic Mug is made from high quality stoneware and features a bold and bright character design. Both microwave and dishwasher safe, it ships in a full color gift box and makes the ideal gift for any occasion.
 
Price (on Amazon) $14.
Would I buy it again? Yes
 
My Thoughts: I love this mug. Seriously. LOVE IT! I use it all the time. I was a bit worried when I ordered it because standard fandom cups like these are often thin, but this one was very well-made and solid. One side features a picture of Jamie and Claire and the other side says 'Just Call Me Sassenach'. And I love the colors, teal on the outside and tan inside. And it keeps my hot tea warm. The only problem I have with this was the gift box it comes in. It just sits inside the box with nothing to hold it in.   
Dark Horse has acquired the license to create a program of Outlander collectibles, just in time for the season 2 debut in February. Fans following the Outlander series often refer back to their books. A great way to keep current is by using the different tartans and mottoes of the clans.
 
Price $6.99
Would I buy it again? No
 
My Thoughts: So not what I was expecting, especially for an officially licensed product. First, the Gaelic is completely wrong on one of the bookmarks. Second, the images on the product are nice and crisp and the bookmarks are longer than most magnetic bookmarks but they just don’t seem very durable or well-made. I used one for a few days, it started to crack at the top, and some of the lamination is starting to curl up on the edges.
 
I really wish I would have passed on these.



Do you purchase fandom merchandise?


No comments: