Thursday, September 1, 2016

Special Effects Velvet Texture Nail Color by Sally Hansen


Brand: Sally Hansen
Collection: Fabric-Inspired Special Effects Velvet Texture
Shade: 670 Lavish    
Source: Sally Beauty Box
What it states: No messy or loose powder necessary to create the lush velvet-like finish you've always wanted. Sally Hansen brings you Velvet Texture in a bottle--just two coats of Sally Hansen Special Effects Velvet Texture Nail Color are all you need for a sophisticated look.
•Plush, velvet look
•Easy to apply
•Eight stylish shades
Have I used this product before? No
Price: Ranges between $5.99-$9.99
Availability: Very limited. Finding this at local shops was pretty much hit and miss and when I was able to find it, the color choices was limited to two or three colors.


My Thoughts: My first thought when I spotted this in my Sally Beauty Box was that I loved the color, so I was really impressed when it stayed true to the color after it dried.

 

When I first applied the polish, I followed the directions: 1. Shake gently. 2. Apply one coat. Allow to dry completely. 3. Apply 2nd thin coat. The textured appeared after the first coat dried but when I applied the second thin coat it gave the polish a glossy appearance. I removed the polish and started again. This time I applied a heavy first coat, forgot the second, and found that I really liked the texture of it.

 


I wouldn’t actually call the texture ‘velvet’. It’s more of an extra-matte texture. The polish isn’t heavy on my nails, but if you’re not used to wearing matte polishes, it could take some time to get used to.  

 

My only problem with this polish was the fact it doesn’t really have staying power. Two days tops then it starts chipping.

 

Would I buy it? Even though it doesn’t last long, I really like the color so yes, I would buy it. I would also like to try the black.

 
 

Have you tried the velvet or the matte nail polishes?


No comments: