Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Man Who Loved Pride & Prejudice by Abigail Reynolds


THE GREATEST STORY EVER TOLD COULD BE HERS………..
Marine biologist Cassie Boulton’s favorite book is Pride and Prejudice, but she has no patience when a modern-day Mr. Darcy appears in her lab. Behind the veneer of scientific accomplishment, wit, and warmth, she is determined to hide secrets from her past.

BUT ONLY IF HE’S THE MAN TO WRITE IT……………………….
Silent and aloof, Calder Westing III doesn’t seem to offer anything but a famous family name. But there is more than meets the eye, and he can’t get enough of Cassie Boulton, especially after they share a passionate night by the sea.

Calder is determined to write hi way into Cassie’s heart by retelling Pride and Prejudice with the two of them cast as Darcy and Elizabeth. But it’s up to Cassie to provide the happy ending…………


My Thoughts

I now know why it was originally published as Pemberley by the Sea. Abigail Reynolds has provide us with a modern day Darcy and Elizabeth and I have to admit I liked what I read. Cassie held the same manners as Elizabeth, very strong willed and determined yet with an unwillingness to trust. The same goes with the character of Calder, you could list all the qualities attributed to Jane Austen’s character of Darcy and not know if you were referring to Darcy or Calder. Although the modern day writer shows through in the case The Man Who Loved Pride & Prejudice, we see more freedom’s attributed to these characters as well as to the writer herself. So there are indeed scenes that would make Miss Austen blush.

My thanks to Sourcebooks for providing me with this review copy

2 comments:

Lover Of Romance said...

I love your blog!!!! I am a new follower!!! I really enjoyed your review of this book!!! I really need to read this one, since I have heard good things about it!

vvb32 reads said...

Hi
I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds interesting from your review.

To enhance your Jane Austen experience this year, I thought you may be interested in my Jane Austen related event.

The Pemberley Ball!

Schedule is up with posts and giveaways all about Mr Darcy:
http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2010/11/pemberley-ball-2010-schedule.html

You are welcome to enter any of the giveaways which all end Nov 28.

cheerios,
vvb
ps: Come by and get a dose of Darcy!