Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Reading Through Nora Roberts Challenge


 
I’m revamping and updating my Reading Through Nora Roberts Challenge. I’m not really changing anything challenge-wise, just cleaning up the post, switching the comment box over to Disqus, and adding new graphics.
 
So on to the challenge info…
 
How did this challenge come about, you ask? Well, years ago, I read a Nora Roberts book—I can’t even recall the title—and for some unknown reason, I decided to avoid her books like they had the plague.
 
At the start of 2014, I was walking through a bookstore and the cover of Dark Witch  caught my eye. The cover called to me and I just had to pick it up. When I spotted Nora Roberts was the author, I nearly put it back down but it seemed the book had a hold on me and soon I was the owner of a Nora Roberts book…the first Nora Roberts book I had purchased in ten years.
 
On the drive home from the bookstore, I had a bit of an argument with myself. It went something like this: ‘You know you’re not going to read it. The cover was all nice and shiny and it had that new book smell, that’s why you picked it up. It’s a Nora Roberts book, you know you probably just wasted your money. That book is just going to sit on your shelf and collect dust.’  
 
That night I made a pot of tea, sat down in my comfy chair, and decided to give Dark Witch  a go. And guess what, lovelies? I was hooked from the very first page. I couldn’t put it down and stayed up until the wee hours of the morning finishing the book.
 
Then I got to thinking, if I liked this book, perhaps I should give her writing another try and it actually prompted me to start my own personal reading challenge, ‘Reading Through Nora Roberts’.
 
There is no set time limit to this challenge. I plan to read them whenever I take a fancy to pick one up or when one arrives for review. And there’s no set format that I’m sticking to, the books can be print, e-book, or audiobooks. When I finish one, I’ll post a review. Depending on the book, the reviews could be mini reviews or long reviews. And I’m going to be realistic, there’s probably going to be some of her books I won’t like and some will probably be DNF’s.
 
I’m open to recommendations so feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments or send me an email. If you want to join in on the challenge, just leave a link in the comments or on one of the monthly challenge updates I’ll post.

 
 



Number of Books Read: 11


 

2-The Collector (print)
3-Gabriel's Angel (audiobook)
4-The Dark Witch  The Cousins O’Dwyer Trilogy #1 (print)
5-The Next Always  Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #1 (audiobook)
6-The Last Boyfriend  Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #2 (audiobook)
7-The Perfect Hope  Inn BoonsBoro Trilogy #3 (audiobook)
8-Hidden Star  Stars of Mithra Series #1  (audiobook)
9-Captive Star Stars of Mithra Series #2 (audiobook)
10-Time Was Time and Again #1 (audiobook)
11-Times Change Time and Again #2 (audiobook)

No comments: