Monday, May 24, 2010

Uncertain Magic by Laura Kinsale


A man damned by suspicion and innuendo

Dreadful rumors swirl around the impoverished Irish lord known as “The Devil Earl”. But Fealan Savigar hides a dark secret, for even he doesn’t know what dreadful deeds he may be capable of………….

A woman cursed by the gift of “sight”

Roderica Delamore fear no man will ever want a wife who can read his every thought and emotion, until she encounters Fealan. As the two find their way to each other against all odds. Roddy becomes determined to save Fealan from his mysterious and terrifying aliment. But will their love end up saving him………….or destroying him?


My thoughts:

I was looking forward to reading this book I love a good Gaelic story, and I have to say that while I was not disappointed, I was not completely in love with the book either. The characters were well rounded, although both Roddy and Fealan had their moments when I thought they were a bit annoying. Like all romance books, Uncertain Magic had it’s villain, its moment of glory, and it’s turn about, but in some areas I felt that story kind of rattled on with no particular reason. Although I believe that this books saving grace was the Gaelic undertones and language.

Overall it made for a light read that romance fans will enjoy.

My thanks to Sourcebooks for providing me with this ARC

No comments: