Thursday, July 8, 2010
Dangerous Desires by Dee Davis review & giveaway
As the extractions expert for A-Tac, an elite CIA black ops unit masquerading as faculty at an Ivy League college, Drake Flynn knows how to survive behind enemy lines. But he's about to meet one adversary he can't subdue . . . or resist.
A RACE FOR SURVIVAL
Stranded in the Colombian jungle after a mission goes bad, Drake has only one objective: evade the mercenaries hot on his trail and deliver "the package" to U.S. officials. But "the package" has a mind of her own, and she has no intention of trading one set of captors for another. Madeline Reynard is beautiful, headstrong, and hell-bent on escape after years as a crime lord's pawn. She'll risk everything for freedom, even if it means deceiving the dark, handsome operative who now holds her life in his hands.
Drake has been burned too many times to let a woman manipulate him, especially a secretive one like Madeline. Even so, they cannot deny the attraction between them. Now as enemy forces close in, Drake and Madeline must trust each other with their lives-or face certain death.
Dee Davis is the reason that I started reading romantic suspense. She has an amazing way of combing great characters with mind blowing plots. Dangerous Desires, the second in A-TAC series, is a definite page turner, that will have you clinging to the edge of your seat. I enjoyed the first book in the series, Dark Deceptions, but I have to sat that Dangerous Desires in by far my favorite. I loved the exotic locations, and found that I like Drake the best out of her characters. Although fans of Nash will be happy to hear that he makes several appearances in this book. If you are like me you will be looking forward to reading the third installment, Desperate Deeds, which is set to be released in August.
Oh and by-the-way, don’t you just love how catchy the titles are?
Five Fun Facts
1. A-Tac’s headquarters at the fictional Sunderland College is actually based on real life Hendrix College in Arkansas where Dee graduated with honors.
2. Dee’s undergraduate degree is in political science and history which is also Nash Brennon’s expertise. In fact, he’s a noted political historian.
3. As a child, Dee used to watch National Geographic specials about archeologist Louis Leakey. She dreamed of following in his footsteps until she discovered she hated heat and bugs. But fiction keeps all that at bay, so enter archeologist Drake Flynn and the ancient ruins of Colombia.
4. Growing up, Dee moved every two years, so summers spent in Colorado often felt more like home, and writing about the mountains she loves has always figured into her books. A-Tac is no exception. Annie Gallagher lives in Creede and Tyler Hanson is attacked on a lonely mountain road near Colorado Springs.
5. Clearly life influences fiction. To find out more about how Dee’s life affects her novels, check out www.deedavis.com
Want to check out what they are up to at A-TAC? Click here
I have 3 copies to giveaway on July 30.
Contest is open to residents of both the US and Canada.
To enter please leave a valid email address, and your name.
My thanks to Hachette Book Group for both the review copy and the giveaway.