Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Heartstrings and Diamond Rings by Jane Graves

11130658

Title: Black Ties and Lullabies
Author: Jane Graves
ISBN: 9780446568487
Publisher: Forever Romance
Release Date10/1/2011
Format: Mass-Market Paperback
$7.99/$8.99 CAN.
Pages: 400
How I Read It: Mass-Market paperback

Rating: Raitng 1

HE'S THE MAN OF HER DREAMS . . .


In a world full of frogs, Alison Carter is determined to find her prince. Maybe her dating past is more Titanic than Love Boat, but she's seen enough happy marriages to know that true love is possible. No matter what, she won't give up on happily-ever-after. If she can't find Mr. Right, she'll simply hire someone who can.


SHE JUST DOESN'T KNOW IT YET…


When Brandon Scott inherits a successful matchmaking business, he thinks his prayers have been answered. Set up a few lonely ladies, collect the fee, how hard can it be? No one needs to know he's not really a professional matchmaker-especially not his first client, the beautiful, spirited Alison. Soon he's falling for her-and her dreams of kids and carpools. But Alison is getting close to figuring out his secret, and if she learns he's deceived her too, she'll walk right out the door, taking Brandon's heart with her.

 

My Thoughts:

Ok, so I am going to be honest. Life is too short to read books that you cannot stand and the next time I encounter a book such as this…I am going to chuck it out or pass it off to a friend.

I could not get into the flow of this book. There was something off about it which made the book feel like one of those cheesy made-for-tv movies. I was a bit saddened by the fact that this novel was so poorly done because I absolutely loved her novel, Black Ties & Lullabies.

I did up finishing this book and I hoped that I would change my tune about it when it was finished, but that was not the case. I ended up wasting my time as well as $8.

This book did not go to waste…I ended up using the pages to create these brilliant pieces of art!

 

HPIM2608

 

HPIM2597

So, now I have two lovely pieces hanging on my walls!

 

1 comment:

Laura at Library of Clean Reads said...

Too bad the book was a disappointment but your artwork is beautiful! I feel the same as you. If I start a book I don't like I don't waste my time on it. I have too many books to read and so many other things I could be doing.