Monday, February 15, 2016

Product Review: COVERGIRL and Pure Ice Nail Polish


I’m always eager to try out new nail polishes so I was excited when these little lovelies showed up
 
Product: COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss in Emerald Blaze #50
Collection: Lava Collection
Up to seven full days of fiery color and molten shine. The all-new Lava Collection of COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Brilliant Nail Gloss features scorching hot shades with intense shine and a high-gloss finish. Wear-resistant formula eliminates the need for base or topcoat.
What it states: 
-High-impact, high-gloss finish
-Intense, iridescent shades with a molten shine
-Built-in topcoat for chip-resistant finish
Have I used this product before? I’ve used the Outlast Nail Gloss before but this was my first time trying out their Lava Collection.
Price: Ranging from $4.98-$7.50 depending on the store
Availability: Easy to find
 
My thoughts: First, ignore the Springy grass-green product image that’s shown on most of the websites. You’re not going to get that overly bright shade of green, which I’m actually quite glad about that as I’ve never been one for bright/loud polish. Instead, you’re going to get this lovely iridescent shade that, depending on the lighting, will either be a deep, shimmering emerald or rich coppery brown. This color truly brings to mind Ireland in the Spring.
 
As per the instructions, I applied two coats. The polish goes on smoothly without streaking. It dries fairly quickly but I noticed if I used my nail dryer, the polish remained tacky and started to sag.
 
Did it last 7 days? Was it chip-resistant? No. It lasted about 3 days, which is a bit shorter than their other Outlast Nail Gloss’s I’ve used, then started chipping, although the color did remain vivid and glossy. Next time I use this polish, I will add a topcoat.
 
Would I Buy It? YES


Product: Pure Ice Nail Polish Studette #1013
Have I used this product before? No
Price: $2.00 @ Wal-Mart
Availability:I only found this in my local Wal-Mart, but may be available elsewhere.
 
My thoughts: Okay, so when this arrived in the post for review, I was a bit hesitant. I’m generally not a fan of micro-glitter nail polish. Micro-glitter tends to sag, clump together, feel heavy on my nails, and can be slightly rough. It can also stay a bit gummy and removing it can be a nightmare.
 
Although I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with this nail polish.
 
I only applied one coat and it covered brilliantly. As it’s mixed in a clear nail polish, it went on smooth and it could be easily applied over another polish as an accent color. It was quick drying and wasn’t gummy. While it did have texture to it, the micro-glitter was sealed in and didn’t catch on fabrics.
 
The polish actually lasted longer than what I expected. Without a topcoat, it stayed on without chipping for about a week. Removing it wasn’t as easy as your standard polish but it wasn’t as hard as some of the other micro-glitters I’ve tried. I just soaked a cotton ball in nail polish remover and placed it on my nail for about thirty seconds then I was able to swipe it off quite easily.
 

 
Would I Buy It? YES


Have you tried out any new nail polishes?
Or do you have a favorite brand you stick with?

No comments: