Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Finding Kyle by Sawyer Bennett



When you’ve lived your life as a criminal…

When you’ve done unspeakable things …

When your soul has become dark and stained…  

The path to redemption begins where you least expect it.  

Kyle Sommerville is in hiding and doesn’t want to be found by anyone. Certainly not by his quirky, free-spirited neighbor who’s managed to push her way past the walls he’s built around him. But Jane Cresson’s indomitable will and insatiable curiosity about her reclusive neighbor makes it impossible for Kyle to stay immersed in his dark world.  

Little by little, she claws through his shell.

Day by day, she gets him to smile a little more.

Night by night, they both find pleasure they never knew existed.  

When Kyle’s terrible past is exposed, Jane begins to think she’s in over her head. Can her love for this broken man finally clear his path to redemption, or will Kyle’s darkness extinguish every bit of hope she’s put into him? 

Audiobook Details:

Publisher: Big Dog Books, LLC | Narrator: Kirsten Leigh, Lance Greenfield  | Length: 7 hrs and 11 mins | Genre: Contemporary Romance | Source: Purchased | Ratings: 4 Cups

I picked this one up after reading Anna’s review over at Herding Cats &Burning Soup. Normally, when I purchase a book after reading a review, it ends up either sitting on my shelf or on my Kindle, but not this one. I started it as soon as it downloaded. And I wasn’t disappointed.
 
Here’s what’s going on: Kyle was an ATF agent working deep undercover to take down a dangerous MC. Having gathered the intel that was needed, the agency faked his death and now he’s masquerading as a lighthouse keeper in Maine. He’s done his best to stay off people’s radar, but his neighbor, Jane Cresson, has made it her mission in life to worm her way in and Kyle finally decided to stop fighting it.
 
Kyle was broody, a bit damaged, and, due to the acts he committed while undercover, believes himself unredeemable. Jane was fun, quirky, bubbly, and determined to get to know Kyle. She was like sunshine bursting through the dark cloud hanging above his head and I absolutely loved watching her break through.
I just loved it when they were together. He tried his best to resist her and her random movie quotes but it wasn’t happening and I was so happy when he finally gave in and just went with it. And one of my favorite parts of the book was when he bought—and kept—her watercolor painting. He may think he’s too dark and damaged, but he’s a good one.
 
Okay, so when I bought the ebook, I had the option of adding narration for $1.99, so of course, I added the narration and I was happy with the choice. I read the first few chapters, then switched to the audiobook. I was actually listening to this one while using the mini-stepper and, I was so caught up in the book, I didn’t realize that I had stepped 2,000 plus repetitions (which was 4,000 plus steps) so I definitely had jelly legs but it was so worth it considering the book was so good.
 
If you’re into audiobooks, I highly recommend this one. It’s dual narration, actually the first one I listened to that was, and I had fun with it. Lance Greenfield was brilliant and really added something to Kyle. And he was great for the female narration as well. Plus, that voice of his just made Kyle so much more yummier. Kristen Leigh took a bit to get used to because she was a bit robotic at the start but did finally even out.
 
Overall, I had so much fun with this one and really hated to see it end. 

No comments: