Thursday, October 12, 2023

Fraterfest Readathon 2023Update Post

 Hello, My Fellow Spooky Season Lovers, I hope you’re all doing fang-tastic!

 


I want to know, have you joined Fraterfest Readathon 2023? If not, fly on over to Kimberly’s @ The Caffeinated Reviewer and sign up because it starts today and you don’t want to miss out on the fun and thrills! 

 

So, what am I reading?

 


I like starting read-a-thons with short stories and novellas, so this morning, I picked up Colonial Horrors edited by Graeme Davis and read The Lake Gun by James Fenimore Cooper.  I’ll probably read a few more short stories from this collection before the end of the day.

 

The Canterville Ghost by Oscar Wilde is another short story I want to check off my reading list before the days over.  While I’ve watched several versions of this, this will be my first time reading the book.

 

I decided to be a good ghoul and save The Cry of the Banshee by Heather Graham to read today. This one was hard to keep back as I wanted to sink my teeth into the day it arrived. One of my goals this year was to catchup on the 1001 Dark Nights/ Krewe of Hunters novellas and this is the latest release and the last one I have to read. This one should be a fun read seeing as were back with Jackson Crow and Angela Hawkins Crow and it’s set in Ireland.

 

Have you read The Krewe of Hunters by Heather Graham? If so, do you have a favorite book, couple, or setting? I tend to go for the ones set in Salem or New England.

 


I had one audiobook in progress, The Betrayed by Heather Graham, and I finished that this afternoon while whipping up a batch of pumpkin spice Chex mix (recipe will be posted soon) so I’m trying to decide which print book or audiobook I want to pick up next.

 

Just a quick update note…

I’ll be posting two blog updates. One on the 14th then my wrap up post on the 17th.

I will also be posting daily Instagram updates @simplyangelarenee so drop by to see what I’m up to. 






 

No comments: