Monday, June 21, 2010
Desire Me by Robyn DeHart review and giveaway
The Men of Solomon’s meet in secret, their very existence only a rumor among the best of Victorian society. They are treasures hunters, men of wealth and title, seekers of myth and legends. And no legend is as mystifying as the lost city of Atlantis…………….
Years ago, Maxwell Barrett found a map to Atlantis and dedicated his life to the search for the mystical lost continent. But when an alluring woman makes a wager for the priceless artifact, he may have discovered an even greater treasure.
A descendant of Atlantis, Sabine Tobias needs the map to decipher an ancient prophecy. What she doesn't need are the sparks flying between her and Max. He's too devilishly charming to be trusted: The fate of her people is at stake as well as her heart. Yet a ruthless killer also covets the map. Now Max and Sabine must race to decode the prophecy's riddle before this criminal fulfills his deadly mission.
I loved this book. I cannot say it enough, I absolutely love it! For me some of the romance books follow the same plot, but Desire Me, has it own edge that makes it feel very unique. For the first time I was enthralled by the characters, and the plot, Robyn DeHart combines all the elements of suspense, action, romance, oh and you can’t leave out the treasure hunt that reminds me a bit of Indiana Jones. Plus add it that the fact that this book has two villains, and incorporates the legend of the lost city of Atlantis, and you have an amazing read that you will not want to put down.
Once again let me say that I LOVED this book. I loved the plot and the characters, and cannot wait to read the third installment in the Legend Hunters Treasure Me, which is set in Scotland.
Five Fun Facts about Desire Me from the author, Robyn DeHart
1. One of the most fun aspects of writing Desire Me came from creating the scavenger hunt for Sabine and Max. It was a thrill to come up with all manners of danger to put them in.
2. The underground bath is based on a real Roman bath that was unearthed by archeologists outside of Kent in 2004. My characters just happened to find it first.
3. Desire Me is the first book I’ve written that has two villains. And they’re both deliciously evil—and one is a woman!
4. When I came up with the concept for the Legend Hunters series, the lost continent of Atlantis was the very first legend I thought of.
5. When writing the scenes with Queen Victoria, I swear I was channeling Judi Dench; I kept hearing her voice and imagining her mannerisms. She was the perfect inspiration for my Queen.
Don’t forget to check out Robyn’s wonderful website: RobynDehart.com
I have 4 books to giveaway:
Contest ends on July 4
Leave your name & a valid email address to enter