Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Hooked by Christina Phillips



I like my sex dirty and disposable. I'm not into commitment or chicks who want more than one night. My brothers and club come first, second and last.

Until she walks into my life. Classy, rich and so out of my league it's crazy. A week together should get her out of my system, but this good girl is so bad when we're all alone and I can't get enough of her.

I don't do forever, but she's hooked me so bad I don't ever want to let her go. Except there's no way a princess can live in my world and I sure as hell won't live in hers...

 

Series: Viking Bastards MC #1| Publisher: Entangled Publishing | Release Date: 2/6/2017| Genre: Contemporary Romance/Erotica | Source:  Publisher| Rating: 3.5 Cups

Hot bad boy biker plus good girl hotel heiress equals a fun and sexy read.
 
Here’s what’s going on: When Grace’s car breaks down and she walks in to Odin’s, a biker bar, Zach thinks she’s just another good girl looking for a hot shag on the wrong side of the tracks. After a wild romp on the pool table—that prim and proper Grace thoroughly enjoyed—, Zach realizes that Grace was really was there  just to use the phone and she’s nothing like the other girls that come in to Odin’s. Determined not to let her go, he invites Grace back to his place. As one night turns into the next, they learn more about each other and Zach, king of one-night stands, realizes he’s falling for Grace and she feels the same about him. There’s only one problem, he’s from the wrong side of the tracks.
 
I enjoyed this one. If you’re looking for a quick, hot little opposites attract read, then this is the book for you. Although if you’re looking for a gritty, in-your-face MC (motorcycle club) read, you’re going to be disappointed. Very little of what’s going on with the Viking Bastards MC is mentioned and what is mentioned doesn’t really amount to much. Honestly, the worst thing that happens is someone gets punched, so no Sons of Anarchy here, sadly.
 
Still, I found Zach interesting and he does have that potentially dangerous bad boy thing going on. There’s some things he’s dealing with that he needs to work through, but I still found him to be one of my favorite heroes. Grace is a good girl who always does what’s expected of her so it was fun watching her come out of her shell and figure out who she really was. There were moments that I struggled with liking Grace. I really just wanted her to stand up to her family and fight for Zach and it annoyed me that she was okay with being in the passenger seat of her own life.
 
So, the relationship started off as the whole instalust thing. Or as Grace sums it up in chapter three as ‘wild monkey sex with a stranger’. Seriously, they spent the majority of the first few chapters shagging like rabbits. Although they eventually started opening up and allowing the relationship to develop into something more meaningful.
 
Overall, even though the MC aspect was severely lacking (the reason I gave it a 3.5), I still enjoyed Grace and Zach. Although if you are going to have an MC series, please focus some of the writing on the MC.


  What type of Bad Boys do you like?
 
 

No comments: