Monday, July 10, 2017

The Knocked Up Plan by Lauren Blakely



This single gal has had enough of the games, the BS and the endless chase. I know what I want most, and it’s not true love. It’s a bun in the oven,and I’m not afraid to hit up my sex-on-a-stick co-worker to do the job. Ryder is gorgeous, witty and wild -- and he’s also a notorious commitment-phobe. That makes him the perfect candidate to make a deposit in the bank of me. I won’t fall for him, he won’t fall for me, and there’s no way baby will make three. Right?

****

There are four words every guy wants to hear on the first date -- “your place or mine?”

When my hot-as-sin co-worker makes me a no-strings-attached offer that involves her place, my place, any place -- as well as any position -- I can’t refuse. Besides, I’ve got my reasons to take her up on her deal even with her one BIG condition.

There’s no way I’ll want more from one woman than any position, any where, any night? Except . . . what if I do?

 
Publisher: Lauren Blakely | Genre: Contemporary Romance| Source: Author | Rating: 4 Cups

This one was fun, flirty, and so hot. The perfect Summer read.
 
Here’s what’s going on. Nicole has finally figured out what she wants: A baby without the hassle of falling in love with a man but a random donor from a sperm bank just isn’t going to cut it. Instead, she asks her fun and sexy colleague Ryder to be her donor. Ryder’s willing to agree with the plan but he has one condition: they do it the old fashioned way. They’ve both agreed that this was a no-strings attached agreement, they even have a contract to prove it, but somewhere along the line Ryder has started to fall and Nicole’s right there with him but she needs to figure out if he’s falling for her or just their baby.
 
I had so much fun with this one. Nicole and Ryder were great together they had chemistry and attraction and were just plain fun. And the sex scenes were sizzling.
 
They did have a few things they needed to figure out. She’s never been in love so she has to figure out if she’s feeling something other than overwhelming attraction for Ryder. And he’s been deeply hurt by his ex-wife so he needs to figure out if he’s going to be able to love again, trust again, and not let the past interfere with his present. So, there’s a lot of healing going on.
 
My only problem with this one was that, even though there were two epilogues, I felt the ending was too rushed. I would have liked to have had more of Ryder and Nicole.
 
Over all, I enjoyed this one. It was my first Lauren Blakely book and I was hooked from the start.

 
 
 What was the last new-to-you author you read?
 

 
 
 

No comments: