Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sins of the House of Borgia by Sarah Bower

Title: Sins of the House of Borgia
Author: Sarah Bower
Publisher: Sourcebooks Landmark
ISBN: 9781402259630
Format: Trade Paperback
$14.99
Genre: Historical Fiction
How I Read It: Trade Paperback ARC

A Notorious Duke
An Infamous Duchess
An Innocent Girl

Violante isn’t supposed to be here, in one of the grandest courts of Renaissance Italy. She isn’t supposed to be a lady-in-waiting to the beautiful Lucrezia Borgia. But the same secretive politics that pushed Lucrezia’s father to the Vatican have landed Violante deep in a lavish landscape of passion and ambition.

Violante discovers a Lucrezia unknown to those who see only a scheming harlot, and all the whispers about her brother, Cesare Borgia, never revealed the soul of the man who dances close with Violante.

But those who enter the House of Borgia are never quite the same when they leave—if they leave at all. Violante’s place in history will test her heart and leave her the guardian of dangerous secrets she must carry to the grave.
(from the publishers)


My thoughts: This was one book that I could not put down. I have heard some say that beginning of the novel was a bit slow and it deviated from the story of the Borgias, I one the other hand found that I enjoyed the beginning, I felt as though it added a nice back-story to the book. I found that while reading this my fascination with this so call First Family of Crime, grew because they way that they author presented the Borgias. It was a very fresh take on his this fascinating family and cannot speak highly enough of THE SINS OF THE HOUSE OF BORGIA. I find that I am telling everyone I know and even random strangers who are in the bookstore about this book. If you are looking for court intrigue then this is the book for you.

This is the one book that you will want to read.

No comments: