Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Bear Naked: A Midnight Liaisons Novella by Jessica Sims


 
Nikolina Aasen’s lived a lonely life as a single were-bear female with no compatible mate in her small clan. But when she shows signs of going into heat, the clan decides they will pick the man to sire her child.
 
Nikolina has other ideas, though. She’s thinking of someone tall, dark and handsome…who disappeared sixteen years ago.
 
Leif Ludvik left the bear clans behind to go totally, completely wild and bury his grief when his fiancee died. He’s been hiding out in bear-form for so long he hardly remembers who – and what – he is. When Nikolina finds him, she’s determined to make the sexy beast her mate no matter the cost…
 
But will seducing Leif get her the family she's always wanted...or destroy both of their lives?





So…Nikolina is going into heat but since her betrothed left the bear clan, her options are limited. Although the clan elders, bloody idiots that they were, decided that one of the mated men should ‘take one for the team’ and impregnant Nikolina. However, Nikolina has a mind of her own—and a bit of a wild streak, yay, Nikolina! —so she decides to search out the handsome were-bear that left the clan sixteen years ago.
 
When Leif Ludvik’s fiancée died, he left the bear clan and moved to Antarctica. Living in bear form for sixteen years has made him feral. Let’s just say that he’s wild and wooly and having a problem connecting to his human side although Nikolina’s determined to mate Leif and bring him back to reality.
 
Just when Nikolina has saved Leif from himself, she may lose him because of the clan elders.
 
Okay, so the were-bear clan elders are a bunch of tossers. I just had to put that out there. But really, I think they all have burrs up their arses.  
 
Anywho, it was interesting watching Leif come back from his wild state. And I really admired Nikolina’s moxie. They had amazing chemistry that nearly melted the snow around them and, oh my, those sex scenes were scorchers.
 
The start of the book was a little too much inside Nikolina’s head, but it rounded out fairly quickly allowing the plot to flow as the characters engaged with one another. And the flow stayed nice and steady.
 
I really liked Bear Naked. It moved up to my second favorite in the Midnight Liaisons series and I’m actually looking forward to reading it again.
 
So, why didn’t I give it a 5-cup rating if I liked it? It was the ending. While it had a warm and fluffy ending, it didn’t give me enough to satisfy me.
 
Overall, it was a quick, hot, little read that I devoured. The characters were brilliant and loved the fact that Leif was wild.  






Book Details
Title: Bear Naked
Midnight Liaisons #3.5
Author: Jessica Sims
Publisher: Jill Myles
ASIN: B00IEUX2VW
Format: E-book
$2.99
Source: Purchased
Rating: 4.5



Midnight Liaison Series 
 

2.     DESPERATELY SEEKING SHAPESHIFTER
3.      VIXEN (novella)
6.      SINGLE WOLF FEMALE (novella)
7.     MUST LOVE FANGS
8.      BEAR NAKED (novella)
9.      CLAWS & EFFECT (novella)
10.       WANTED: WILD THING

 


 

6 comments:

Sophia Rose said...

I'm not familiar with this series though I love shifter romances. That is neat how she goes after what she wants and yeah, the elders sound like a right bunch of idiots.

Lanies Book Thoughts said...

Your review totally made me giggle, not gonna deny it. This sounds like a fun change of pace, it's always the guys looking for mates. Can't wait to try this one out. Do you think it's okay if I read this one first, or should I go back an start with #1?

Lanies Book Thoughts said...

Yay:) I'll go track it down then. Thanks Angela!

Angela @ Simply Angela said...

Hope you enjoy it!

Anna@herding cats&burning soup said...

I have one of her other names on the blog today :) I'm really going to have to check out this series. Sounds great :) I love those were-bears and a heroine with moxie totally works :)

Angela @ Simply Angela said...

You really do need to check this series out. And I loved it because she doesn't just stick to one type of shifter.