Monday, July 2, 2018

Sandpiper Shore by Debbie Mason

Jenna Bell loves her job as a wedding planner and loves a happy ever after even more. Until the day she meets with her newest client and discovers that the bride's fiancé is the man she's had a crush on for years. But she knows the #1 work rule: Never fall in love with the groom.

Secret Service Agent Logan Gallagher arrives at Tie the Knot to make plans with his bride-to-be. But coming face to face with Jenna after all these years brings back feelings that he's fought long and hard to forget. Does his attraction to Jenna mean that he's about to make the biggest mistake of his life?
 
Series: Harmony Harbor #6 | Publisher: Forever | Genre: Contemporary Romance  | Source:  Publisher | Rating: 3.5 Cups


Challenges Read For:  Literary Pickers  Engagement Ring
 
Why have I missed so many Harmony Harbor books? I really need to remedy that ASAP.
 
Logan and Jenna…oh my, so many things went wrong. So many things…I was starting to wondering if they would ever catch a break but, no matter what happened, they were there for each other. And they were such a perfect fit.
 
Here’s what’s going on. After realizing her fiancĂ© was a conman, Jenna starts doubting happily ever afters. Although when Logan Gallagher becomes her knight in shining armor, she soon realizes that he’s her one and only. There’s just a few small problems standing in the way, the first being Logan’s not looking for a committed relationship, the second being he has somehow become mysteriously engaged. Now Jenna has to figure out what’s going on before she gives away her fantasy wedding—and groom—to another woman.
 
I really enjoyed diving back into a Debbie Mason romance. When I pick up one of her books, I know I’m in for a treat and Sandpiper Shore did not disappoint.
 
Oh, Jenna, I felt so bad for her. She’s been dealt a rather lousy hand but rather adopting a woe is me attitude, she starts fighting for what she wants. I loved seeing that given that she’s not as loud as some of the other heroines. I couldn’t help but like Logan. He put up a good fight but Jenna won him over. There were a few times I wanted to shake him but, for the most part, he was a good guy, even though I had to question some of his questions in the last few chapters.
 
The romance was brilliant. I enjoyed watching the way Logan and Jenna figured out their feelings for each other. They had a ton of bumps in the road but they eventually got it right.
 
I do want to say that while Logan does end up engaged to another woman, it’s not what it seems—keep in mind he is a secret service agent.
 
I love how this was tinged with just the right amount of suspense. I knew what was going on but, at times, it kept me on my toes.
 
My only problem with this one was how much was going on. It sort of felt like it drew inspiration from Murphey’s Law, and I’m not saying all this crazy couldn’t happen to one person but I think it would have been a bit smoother if a few of the incidents would have been left out.
 
Overall, I enjoyed this one. I jumped headfirst into the sixth book of the series and found myself drawn in by the romance, suspense, and the paranormal aspect.

No comments: