Monday, September 17, 2018

Wanderlust by Lauren Blakely


A British accent is my weakness...

 
Good thing I can avoid that kind of temptation in my new job in Paris. And when my company hooks me up with my own personal translator, I should be on the fast track for success. Except, he's charming, witty, and, oh yeah, he just so happens to be British, which means everything he says melts me.
 
Don't mix business with pleasure. I do my best to resist him as he brings the city to life for me. Soon, I can navigate the streets, discuss perfume with my co-workers, and barter at the outdoor market. But I also learn how to tell the sexy man by my side how much I want him to kiss me under the streetlamps.
 
Except there's a catch — I can't have him.
 
One more assignment before I take off on my big adventure...
 
And it's a good farewell gig too since my newest client is a fetching American who loves to explore the cafes and cobbled streets while I teach her the language of love. We fall into a fast and flirty friendship, doing our best to resist each other. But you know what they say about best intentions. Soon we're spending our nights together too, and I don't want to let her go. The trouble is, my wanderlust is calling to me, and before we know it, I'll be traveling the globe to fulfill a promise I made long ago.
 
What could possibly go wrong with falling in love in Paris? Nothing...unless one of you is leaving.
 
Publisher: Audible  | Narrators: Richard Armitage and Grace Grant | Length: 8 hrs 48 mins | Genre: Contemporary Romance | Source: Publisher | Rating: 5 Cups


Challenges Read For: Literary Pickers  - Patio Furniture
 
Oh my goodness! I loved this book. It was sexy, flirty, and downright delicious.
 
Here’s what’s going on. When Joy stumbles upon a sexy man with a British accent her first day in Paris, she’s hooked and is determined to learn more but when she discovers Griffin’s been hired by the company she works for to be her translator, she’s determined not to mix business with pleasure. Although she just can’t seem to shake the attraction she has to Griffin and soon he becomes too much to resist. Griffin has a plan: one more job then he’ll be free to fulfill a promise he made but Joy’s making him rethink everything. And the longer he’s around her, the harder it is to walk away.
 
Griffin and Joy were amazing together. They fit perfectly into each other’s lives but it took them a bit longer to realize that it would actually work.
 
Joy’s been hurt before and she’s decided to put her career first. She’s in a new city, a new country, and she wants to finally do all the stuff she’s promised herself she was going to do. She’s such a fun, spunky, and honest person. Griffin’s loyal, especially to the promises he made to his dying brother, promises that that will take him away from Joy. He’s had his life mapped out for the last few years and he wasn’t expecting Joy to show up and shake up his plans. Now he’s conflicted because he wants to honor his brother but he also wants to follow his heart and stay with Joy.
 
The romance in this one was slow and steady but the chemistry was there from the start. They were both trying to figure things out and finally realized they were better together.
 
I loved how Paris came alive in this book and it really added a magical quality to it.
 
I enjoyed the narrators. Richard Armitage just has this amazing voice that makes me hooked on whatever he’s saying. I’m fairly sure I could listen to him read the phonebook and not grow board. It took me a bit to warm up to Grace Grant but once I did so, I really enjoyed her narration.
 
Overall, this book definitely earned top marks with me. It was funny, sexy, flirty, and full of romance.





What’s your favorite book set in Paris?

No comments: