Monday, December 3, 2018

Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas by Katie Ruggle

When firefighter and single dad Steve Springfield moved his four kids to a Colorado Christmas tree ranch, he intended for it to be a safe haven. But he never expected danger to follow them to his childhood home...
 
Or that he would come face-to-face with the one girl he could never forget.
 
Folk artist Camille Brandt lives a quiet life. As the town's resident eccentric, she's used to being lonely--until Steve freaking Springfield changes everything. Brave and kind, he's always had a piece of her heart, and it doesn't take long before she's in danger of falling for him and his rambunctious kids. But as mysterious fires break out across the sleepy Colorado town, Steve and Camille will have to fight if they want their happy family to survive until Christmas...

Series: Rocky Mountain Cowboys #1 | Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca | Genre: Romantic Suspense | Source: Publisher | Rating: 4 Cups


Challenges Read For: Literary Pickers: Fire Hose 
 
I’ve been wanting to try Katie Ruggle for a bit but I didn’t want to dive in during the middle of a series—and I’ve not had time to start from the beginning— so when Rocky Mountain Cowboy Christmas (book one in the new Rocky Mountain Cowboy series) showed up I was eager to dive in.
 
Here’s what’s going on. To keep his kids from harm, Steve has returned to his childhood home, which happens to be on a Christmas tree ranch. He never imagined that when he ‘rescued’ Camille, the girl he could never get out of his head, that he would truly have to rescue her from someone out to cause her harm. Now that she’s living with him and his family and feelings are developing, harm is still lingering around the corner and Steve will do everything in his power to keep them safe.
 
I could not put this book down. Steve and Camille were amazing together and kept me smiling until the end.
 
I really liked Camille. She’s quiet but fierce in her own away and definitely unique. She forages for scrap metal and makes these amazing metal sculptures. She’s also a bit awkward in public situations so that’s made her a bit of a recluse but when she encounters Steve and his kids she finds herself opening to them. Steve was such a great guy; he’s a protector and a bit assertive without being a typical alpha male. He takes great care of his children and is determined to do all he can to protect them and Camille.
 
The romance was cute. It wasn’t an in your face type of romance, it was more subtle as they figure out how to be in a relationship. They’re both awkward so they found themselves stumbling around the issue rather than just addressing it head on and I found that to be endearing.
 
I found Steve’s kids to be fun and entertaining. Each of them were so unique and knew what they wanted and were determined to get it. They were so accepting and welcoming of Camille.
 
Okay, so I liked the suspense/mystery aspect what I didn’t like was person behind it. Even though I had a feeling of who was behind everything, I wasn’t thrilled with the reasoning. I just didn’t feel like had enough substance.
 
Overall, I enjoyed this one. Not only was it such a charming Christmas story, it was such a great introduction to a new-to-me author and I look forward to reading more.  




What’s your favorite Christmas/Winter romance?

No comments: