Monday, November 11, 2019

Flirting with the Frenemy by Pippa Grant

He's a hot single dad. A military man with abs of steel. My brother's best friend. My biggest enemy. And now my fake date to my best friend's wedding. Disasterville, here we come....


Mission: Survive my best friend's wedding, where I must play nice with my ex and his perfect new girlfriend.

Strategy: Bring the hottest fake boyfriend on the planet.

Target: Grady Rock. Master baker. Dimples. Muscles. The unicorn of fake boyfriends.

Complication: Wyatt Morgan. My brother's best friend. My sworn enemy. Military man. Sexy as hell single dad. The man I let into my panties for one night of hot hate sex after my ex dumped me.

And the man who just scared off that perfect fake boyfriend.

By pretending to be my real boyfriend.

I can roll with this though. What’s the harm in Flirting with the Frenemy if it helps me get the job done?

Complete my mission and move on.

Or so I thought.

Until Wyatt kisses me again and I start feeling things I shouldn't.


The thing about weddings...nothing ever goes as planned.
Series: Bro Code #1 | Publisher: Pippa Grant | Narrators: Erin Mallon, Joe Arden  | Length: 6 hrs, 22 minutes | Genre: Contemporary Romantic Comedy  | Source: Gifted | Rating: 3.5 Cups
Challenges Read For:  - Literary Pickers:  Socks-  2019 Try Something New : New-to-me Author


I went on a thriller/mystery/horror binge, as one does in October, but I needed something fun and light to clear my mind and that’s just what this one was.

Here’s what’s going on: When Ellie and Wyatt decide to put their feuding on hold to ease each other’s woes it doesn’t go as expected. Now six-months later, they’re accidentally back in each other’s lives and somehow Wyatt’s been mistaken for her boyfriend. As Ellie spends more time with Wyatt and his adorable son, she feels the wall she put up to guard against Wyatt starting to crack. Although when they’re together, Ellie knows the universe is trying to keep them apart.

 

Okay, so I’m not going to lie, it was the Pirate Festival that made me pick up this one. I’m such a sucker for anything pirate related and it added such a fun element to this book.

 
Ellie and Wyatt have a history that goes beyond their feuding. Because of certain events, Ellie believes that they’ll bring doom down upon them if they actually give a relationship a chance. That got a little old and annoying. While I liked Wyatt and the way he cares for his son, it drove me a bit mad the way he constantly tried to pacify Ellie.
 

I enjoyed that this was dual narration. While I enjoyed Joe Arden from the start, Erin Mallon took a minute or two to get used to as she seemed a bit whiney at times.



Overall, This book was a little out there in everything that happened but it worked. It wasn’t one of the best that I’ve read but it was a fun listen. While this was the book I needed at the time,  I’m not sure if I’ll be picking up the other books in the series.  


No comments: