Saturday, November 7, 2020

Something to Stitch About: Dragonflies & Roses Table Runner Stamped Embroidery

It’s been a minute since I’ve posted a stitching update so I wanted to share what I’m currently working. Back in May when I was flying through my stitching projects (more about my Lockdown stitching in a few weeks) I purchased the Dragonflies & Roses Table Runner Stamped Embroidery from Herrschners.

 

When I first spotted this embroidery kit, the lovely jewel-toned roses stood out on the black background beautifully and I instantly fell in love. I had been looking for something different and this fit the bill.



So far, this has been a fun—and gorgeous—embroidery to work on. While there is a lot of hoop moving on this one, the stiches are simple (long and short for the flowers and leaves then satin stitch for the stem) and easy to work. Within a week, I finished 4 flowers and started working on the fifth, which will probably be finished by the time this posts.

 


While I have been having fun with this one, I’ve encountered a few problems. The first one is the yellow and orange embroidery floss keeps breaking. It took me about 4 hours to finish the yellow and orange flower due to the thread breaking and fraying. I ended up having to test each strand before re-stitching and securing the broken floss. The second problem is the floss is precut and I’m not sure I’m going to have enough to finish the project.

 


Normally these types of kits have the brand of floss listed as well as the number/color so it’s easy to find the skein of floss or one that’s compatible. Because this kit is an imported Duftin kit, the colors are Duftin’s own specially dyed floss. Thankfully, the company I purchased this kit from is trying to get me replacements for the orange and yellow. As for the others, I’m hoping the floss count evens out. If not, I’m going to be working this table runner on one end, then flipping it over and working on the other so the flowers will match and I can add new colors to the middle. 




No comments: