Monday, January 4, 2021

Bout of Books 30 Starts Today

Hello Lovelies,

 


I’m so excited for Bout of Books 30 to start today. What better way to kick off a new year than with a read-a-thon. The timing of this was perfect for me since I’m on vacation until the 11th.

 

I have a few errands to run this morning before the freezing rain starts then a bit of light cleaning. Do you change your tablecloths to match the season? I’m very OCD about my tablecloths, especially the one on my dining room table and I have to change them every few weeks.

 

On the reading front, I’ll probably pop on an audiobook while I clean.  One Fine Fae by Molly Harper (the next in her Mystic Bayou series) is up next in my Audible queue. I always have a good time with Molly Harper’s books.

 As for my physical books:

 

While I don’t have my TBR set, I’m wanting to read The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter, which is the first in the The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club series by Theodora Goss. I also have The Forgotten Sister by Nicola Cornick, which is a Tudor time-slip mystery that looks amazing. There’s also The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V. E. Schwab that I’m itching to read.

 

I’m not sure which of the three books I’ll pick up today but I’m aiming to finish at least one physical book today.

 

I have at least on E-ARC, A Curious Incident by Vicki Delany, which I need to read this week. It’s a cozy so it shouldn’t take me too long to finish it.

 

If you’re interested in following my progress, I’ll be posting updates on Instagram @simplyangelarenee as well as posting an update post here on the blog on Wednesday and Saturday.

No comments: