Saturday, January 2, 2021

Tudor Book Challenge 2021 Goal Post


This year I wanted to take a different approach to the reading challenges I’m participating in. I wanted to take on a challenge that would allow me to pick up books that I’ve been missing and books/genres that I’ve been wanting to get back into.

 

I’m such a Tudor/Stuart/WoR fanatic but, sadly, it’s been a minute since I’ve picked up a book (either fiction or nonfiction) about the people or the times and this is the perfect challenge to allow me to dive back into their fascinating worlds.

 

I haven’t picked out my TBR yet although, other than the book published in 2021, I think I should be able to shop my Renaissance/Medieval bookshelf for each prompt because my bookshelf is brimming with books I’ve not yet read.

 

Challenge Host: Laura Ann Riddling from the Facebook Group: Tudor Books in Every Nook

 

The Rules:

-One book per prompt

-Preferably a new-to-you book

-Nonfiction or Fiction (unless stated in the prompt)

-No time limit 

Prompts

-A book you’ve chosen only for the cover.

-A Tudor mystery (fiction or nonfiction).

-A book by an author who shares the first letter of your first or last name.

-A book with a time slip (can be from WoRs, Tudor, or Stuart time period).

-A book whose main character is NOT a king, queen, prince, or princess.

-A book about a battle or set during a battle from the WoRs, Tudor, or Stuart time periods.

-A book published in 2021.

-A book about Anne Seymour, Amy Robsart, or Frances Howard.

-A book about a Spanish king or queen that reigned during the Wars of the Roses, or the Tudor or Stuart periods.

-Flip a coin: Heads-biography of a man from the Tudor period; Tails-biography of a man from the Stuart period.

-Roll a dice and read a book about the person the number is assigned to:

  1: Margaret of York

  2: Charles Brandon

  3: Juana of Castile

  4: Lettice Knollys

  5: Katherine Willoughby

  6: Jasper Tudor

-A book that is the first in a series.

-A book about a murder during the WoRs, Tudor, or Stuart period.

-A book about a castle or palace.

-A book within the theme of plays, actors, actresses, Shakespeare, etc.

-A book about medicine or health during the WoRs, Tudor, or Stuart period.

-A book about the Tudor Navy or an explorer.

-A book about a York lady.

-Read a book about one of the following: Margaret of Anjou, Margaret Beaufort, Margaret of York, Margaret Tudor, Margaret Douglas.

-A book by an author you’ve never read before.



 

No comments: