Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Book Un-Haul Round 1

It’s started…the great book un-haul. I’m surrounded by books and, while I wouldn’t mind living in a library, I need to have a bit of a sort out and get my books organized. While I’ll never be a minimalist, especially when it comes to books, this un-haul is a must.

 

What am I getting rid of?

Duplicates. I didn’t realize I have so many duplicates. Occasionally I pick up special editions of books, which I don’t mind, but I have several copies of random mass-markets and trade paperbacks that I will be un-hauling.

Books I have on audio or e-book. I’m not getting rid of every book I have on audio/e-book but I will be un-hauling the books I would rather listen to or won’t read in physical form.

Books I won’t read again/didn’t like. There’s so many books that, while I enjoyed them, I know I won’t read them again and I can’t justify keeping them. The same goes for books that I read and didn’t like.

Books I have no interest in reading. My TBR pile is more like a mountain and it’s completely out of control. One of the new features of the blog will be the series ‘Read It or Un-haul It’ where I’ll pick four books from my TBR totes, read the first few chapters then decide if I’ll read it or un-haul it.

 

What am I doing with the books?

The books will go to family, friends, and the Little Free Libraries in my area. If I un-haul a special edition, I’ll probably post it for sell.

 

To make sure the books go where they’re supposed to, I have boxes that I’m filling for friends/family and a tote bag for the Little Free Library books. Once the boxes are filled, I take them out to the car so I can drop them off the next time I’m out. The books for the Little Free Libraries are dropped off every Friday. 

 


 

  1. Watching You by Lisa Jewell
  2. Such a Quiet Place by Megan Miranda
  3. For Your Own Good by Samantha Downing
  4. Not by Boy by Kelly Simmons (DNF)
  5. The Lantern by Deborah Lawrenson (DNF)
  6. Nobody’s Princess by Erica Ridley (extra copy)
  7. Secrets by Fern Michaels (DNF)
  8. No Way Out by Fern Michaels (DNF)
  9. Something in the Heir by Suzanne Enoch (extra copy)
  10.  Nuts by Alice Clayton
  11.  Cream of the Crop by Alice Clayton
  12.  Buns by Alice Clayton
  13.  The End of Her by Sheri Lapena
  14.  Justified by Jay Crownover
  15.  Moondance Beach by Susan Donovan (DNF)
  16.  Unbroken Cowboy by Maisey Yates
  17.  Sustained by Emma Chase
  18.  Overruled by Emma Chase
  19.  Appealed by Emma Chase
  20.  Sidebarred by Emma Chase
  21. Breaching the Contract by Chantal Fernando
  22.  Seducing the Defendant by Chantal Fernando
  23.  Death at the Party by Amy Stuart
  24.  Enchant the Dawn by Amanda Ashley (DNF)
  25. Gimme Some Sugar by Molly Harper  (have audiobook)
  26.  Sweet Tea and Sympathy by Molly Harper (have audiobook)
  27.  The Crossing Places by Elly Griffiths (extra copy)
  28.  The Janus Stone by Elly Griffiths (extra copy)
  29.  The House at Sea’s End by Elly Griffiths (extra copy)


No comments: