Monday, January 23, 2012

Mailbox Monday

 

 

northumberland-1

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week (checked out library books don’t count, eBooks and audio books do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists!

This month Mailbox Monday is Hosted by Alyce @ At Home With Books.

Here is what I found in my Mailbox this week. What did you find in yours?

the crown 

The Crown by Nancy Bilveau

keeper

A Keeper of the King’s Secrets by Michelle Diener

imagesCAO2TS3M

The Women of the Cousins' War by Philippa Gregory

imagesCA6XSHT0

Needle in the Blood – Sarah Bower

imagesCA81WV4T

A Rural Affair – Catherine Alliott

imagesCAME6OV0

The Wolf Who Loved Me by Lydia Dare

imagesCA3Q1KRC

The Three Colonels: Jane Austen’s Fighting Men by Jack Caldwell

imagesCAH9JF2O

Mr. Darcy Forever by Victoria Connelly

**************************************************

This is what’s on my TBR shelf this week:

The Time Machine by H.G. Wells-I only have about 20 pages left.

Six of One; A Tudor Riff by JoAnn Spears-A very different take on the Tudors which has thoroughly entertained me, I should be done with this one by the end of the day.

Aristocrats; Power, Grace, and Decadence: Britain’s Great Ruling Classes from 1066 to the Present by Lawrence James-I started this one about a week or so ago and have now just started the chapter pertaining to the War of the Roses. While the book is both informative and entertaining I am wondering if it should have been a biography on the Earl of Warwick rather than a look into the Aristocrats because he has been talked about on every page.

I plan to start The Women of the Cousins' War once I have finished Aristocrats.

The Thirteen Tale by Diane Setterfield- I love it when I accidentally stumble upon certain books. In the case of this book, I happened to be passing through a town that looked as though I had stepped back into the early 1800’s complete with cobblestone streets. As I was looking through the shops I came across a bookshop housed in a small cottage named “The Garden of Readin”. Of course I had to take a look and I happened to stumble upon this book.

Books that I finished:

Promise the Night by Michaela MacColl you may find my review & giveaway HERE

Midwife Of The Blue Ridge by Christine Blevins

Sins of the Highlander by Connie Mason & Mia Marlowe

The Lure of Song & Magic by Patricia Rice

Until We Meet Again,

Best Wishes & Happy Reading,

Angela Renee

3 comments:

Kaye said...

Looks like some interesting books in your mailbox. Have a wonderful week and happy reading!

Mary (Bookfan) said...

I like your mailbox list! Enjoy :)

Alyce said...

What a nice range of books!