Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Read a Phrase Challenge

Ok, so I found this little challenge that I just had to join over at Books, Crafts, & Life in General. It was inspired by the read your name challenge although rather than using your name you, yes I said you, get to chose the phrase you wish to read.

The Rules:

--As the name of the challenge implies, your choice must be a phrase.(Phrase=A sequence of words intended to have meaning.)

--Any genre of fiction is allowed. Either print or ebooks. Any release date. The only two conditions are that you haven’t read the book before (this will help that TBR mountain I know you all have), and it should be at least 100 pages.

--You don’t have to select your books ahead of time. Even if you do, you can change your books as you go. Your books can crossover with other challenges.

My Phrase:

Mo aisteach agus iontach lĂ©ann. The phrase that I chose is an Irish Gaelic phrase that translates into “my weird and wonderful reads”. I grew up in a Celtic family and my Great-Grandfather would always say that you must do something both aisteach agus iontach (weird and wonderful) everyday to prove that you are living right and it soon became something that I adopted into my reading life. I though that this phrase fit this challenge perfectly.

Why Am I Joining This Challenge?

I need to start thinning out my TBR pile as well as books from my own personal library and this is the perfect challenge to do that in.

Want to join this challenge? You may do so HERE

 

What I Intend to Read:

(books will be added as I find one that corresponds with the letters )

M-

O-

A- Agony of the Leaves by Lara Childs

I-India Black by Carol K. Carr

S-

T-The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

E-

A-

C-

H-

A-

G-

U-

S-

I-

O-

N-

T-

A-

C-

H -

L-

E-

A-

N-

N-

I will add a link to the reviews once they have been posted!

Until We Meet Again,

Best Wishes & Happy Reading,

Angela Renee

No comments: