Thursday, June 30, 2016

Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad with Summer Veggies



I’ve really been getting into playing around with Summer salads. Last week, I featured the Tomato, Cucumber, and Avocado Salad, so this week I thought I would share one of my favorite pasta salads.

 

This recipe is super simple to make, which is what I like in the Summer and if you keep it on ice, it will be a big hit a cookouts.
 
Ingredients
 
Pasta (cooked to al dente)
1 Packet of Kraft Ranch Dressing*
1 Cup of Mayo*
½ Cup of Bacon Bits
1 Large Yellow Zucchini
1 Pint of Tomatoes (any small tomato will work)
Blue Cheese Crumbles
 
*Not a fan of Mayo, skip it and the ranch dressing packet and use your favorite ranch dressing instead. I’m a fan of Ken’s Steakhouse Ranch Dressing.
 

1-Cook pasta to al dente and allow to drain.
2-In a medium bowl combine mayo, ranch dressing packet and bacon bits. Stir together.
3-Cube the zucchini and dice the tomatoes. Shave carrots with a veggie peeler and run a knife through them. Add your veggies to the bowl and mix until combined.
4-Add pasta to the bowl and mix until combined.
5- Top with blue cheese crumbles and serve.


Do you have a favorite Summer Salad?

No comments: