Friday, September 29, 2017

Outlander Series Reading Challenge Check-In Post #6



Hello Lovelies! So, we’ve made it to out 6th check-in and our 9th month of the Outlander Reading Challenge Check-In! Give yourselves a pat on the back and a dram of whatever strikes your fancy.
 
I want to say ‘thank you’ to those who have joined in! As of today, we’re up to 169 members in the Facebook group. If you haven’t joined the Facebook group, please do so. It’s great place to interact with others joining in.
 
I also want to say congrats to those of you who have finished reading the series. It’s also a bittersweet moment.
 
A few people have had questions about what counts in this challenge, so here’s a quick list.
 
 
Ø Books must be read in 2017
 
Ø Re-reads count
 
Ø All formats (print, digital, or audio) count
 
Ø Any Outlander-related book counts (the big ones, the shorts, the additional material such as the companion books, graphic novel, behind-the-scenes book, and the cookbook)
 
Ø Yes, the Lord John books count.
 




This has been a busy Outlander month and I’ve been over the moon about it. The show’s started back up—yay!—and, while I’ve been drooling over the telly, I mean, enjoying the show, I feel this season is too rushed. There’s so much that I was expecting to see and I feel as though it’s only scratched the surface but, sadly, that’s the way book-to-telly goes.

 

On the reading front…I’m nearly finished with the brick of a book known as Volume One of the Outlander Companion. I just love getting a behind the scenes of a book.

 

I finally finished my second reading of Outlander. I’m always baffled at what catches my eye each time I read a book. And it’s usually something odd like I really want to know what happened to the bloody trout Jamie caught when he was teaching Claire how to tickle trout.

 

A few things of Note: 
And since there’s been some confusion about what Seven Stones to Stand or Fall is, I’ve added a post about it.

 



 
Okay, lovelies, it’s your turn. What are you reading? Have you watched Season three? If so, what are your thoughts?
 
 

 
 
 

No comments: