Monday, April 16, 2018

Pins + Needles Kits: A Sewing Project Subscription Review

If you’re looking for a cute and quick sewing project but don’t want to pile up fabric and notions, then the Pins + Needles box is for you. There’s two options a small box or a premium box, both contain the materials and notions needed to complete one project.


Pins + Needles kindly sent me the smaller project box to review and I had so much fun with it.
 

Here’s what I received:
Store It Reversible Nesting Basket Pattern from Sew Many Creations
2 Fat Quarters from Cotton + Steel
1 Yard of Solid fabric Moda  (technically this wasn’t a true yard, it was a yard, length-wise but it had been cut in half height-wise)
1 Spool of Thread
Fusible Interfacing
Grabbit Magnetic Pincushion-the extra gift included
 

Here’s what was needed to complete the project:
Sewing machine
Tailor’s chalk—or some other removable marking tool
Measuring tape
Pins or Fabric clips
Acrylic ruler
Cutting mat
Rotary cutter

 

This one was a quick and easy little project—it took me less than an hour to complete it. The fabrics were a lovely quality and the designs were a bit different from what I normally lean to but I liked that it adds a pop of something different. 
 


The pattern that I received was for a set of three nesting baskets although there was only enough material and interfacing to make the smallest of the three baskets. I did have a fat quarter left over as well as a bit of the solid print so I whipped up a quick sewing machine mat.
 


While I ended up with a lovely basket that’s perfect for holding the leftover bits from my fat quarters I just feel that at $30 a month this was just slightly overpriced.


Small Project Box: $25 plus $5 US shipping or $15 International
This box will be for smaller projects, like zipper bags, mug rugs, etc.... You will always receive at least: Up to 1 yard of fabric 1 spool of thread 1 pattern and any notion to complete the pattern. Ships between the 21st-24th of every month U.S. $5 FLAT RATE SHIPPING ,$15 INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING
 
Premium Project Box: $40
This box will be for bigger projects, like tote bags, wall hangings, etc.... You will always receive at least: Up to 2 yards of fabric, 1 spool of thread,1 Pattern and any notion to complete the pattern. Ships between the 5th-8th of every month U.S. FREE SHIPPING $15 INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING





No comments: