Thursday, April 19, 2018

Lone Wolf (Shifters Unbound #4.6) By Jennifer Ashley

 
Ellison Rowe, a Lupine Shifter, makes it his goal to protect Maria, once held captive by ferals, from male Shifters looking for mates. He likes Maria's resilience and fire, but she's been broken, and Ellison wants more than anything to heal her. When a new danger threatens Shiftertown's cubs, Maria partners with Ellison to stop a cold-blooded criminal.
 
Series: Shifters Unbound #4.6 | Publisher: Penguin | Genre:  Paranormal Romance | Source: Purchased | Rating: 4 Cups

Challenges Read For: Literary Pickers  - Motorcycle
 
I’m finally working my way through the Shifters Unbound books that I’ve missed and I’m enjoying every minute of it. This one is Ellison and Maria’s story and I couldn’t put it down.
 
I loved Ellison and Maria together. She’s been through so much having been held captive by a pack of feral shifters so, even though Ellison’s attracted to her, he’s been holding back allowing her to get comfortable around him. Although when Broderick starts sniffing around Maria and threatening to claim her as his mate, Ellison’s not about to let that happen. And now that there’s a group of criminals kidnapping their cubs, Ellison and Maria find themselves growing closer as they work together to bring down the kidnappers.
 
Ellison has to be one of my favorites. He knows what he wants but he also knows that he needs to let Maria heal before making his move. Ellison is also dealing with his sister, Deni, who has been having bouts of going feral after having been hit by car. So, he’s got a lot going on but he’s always there for Maria and she knows she can turn to him. And I have to say, he had some adorable moments while figuring out how to handle his relationship with Maria.
 
Maria’s a tough cookie. She’s broken and unsure but she ready to step up and fight for the cubs and I have to admire her fighting spirit. She’s also willing to let others in and I like that she hasn’t cut herself off from other people.
 
Okay, so I’m probably the only person who will admit this, but I like Broderick. It could be because I’ve already read his story but, I can’t help it, I like him.  Yes, he’s a bit of a wanker most of the time but there’s just something about him. When he pops up in a book, I know something interesting is going to happen.
 
Overall, another great novella in this amazing series. The pacing was the spot on and the characters were fleshed-out. And it gave just enough information on Deni to make me want to pick up her story.



Shifters Unbound Series

Shifter Made #0.5 novella 
Pride Mates #1
Primal Bonds #2
Bodyguard #2.5 novella
Wild Cat #3 
Hard Mated #3.5 novella
Mate Claimed #4 
Perfect Mate  #4.5 novella
Lone Wolf  #4.6 novella
Tiger Magic #5 
Feral Heat  #5.5  novella
Wild Wolf  #6
Bear Attraction #6.5 novella
Mate Bond #7 
Lion Eyes #7.25 novella
Bad Wolf #7.5 novella
Wild Things #7.75 novella
Guardian's Mate #9 
Red Wolf  #10
Midnight Wolf  #11
Tiger Striped #11.5 novella

No comments: