Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Julep Beauty Box Review


Subscription Price: $24.99/month Shipping: Free in the US Subscription Price: $24.99/month
Sales Tax: Orders shipped to the states of Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Virginia, and Washington will be charged sales tax.
Rewards Offered: Points for each box purchased which is cashed in for a free sixth box.
Options: Choose between a pre-curated box or pick and choose what you like.
Option Selected: Nail Polish Only (Pick & Choose option)
Keep or Cancel? Cancel due to lousy Customer Service

I’ve been looking for a few beauty boxes to try because, let’s face it, it’s just easier when your beauty products come to you rather than having to go store to store in search for them. So, when I received an email offer from Julep to try my first Maven box for just a little over $4 rather than their standard $24.99, I jumped at the chance!
 
Things were going pretty good. I filled out a quick beauty/preference questionnaire then had to select which box option I wanted: Nails, Beauty, or a Mix of both. I opted for the Nails only.
 
With the Nails only option, you can select 4 products (3 polishes and 1 extra item such nail file, decals, polish corrector, and such). So, I selected my products: 3 nail polishes (shades: Danni, London, Blushing) and the Clean Slate polish corrector pen.
 
Things started going wrong when I opened my box. Instead of receiving Danni, they sent me Stick It To Me (a basecoat). I called the company several times before finally speaking with someone who told me I would have to call back at a later time because they were having computer trouble. I called back a few days later and they kept putting me off telling me I needed to email them with the problem. I’ve emailed them several times still haven’t received a response.
 
Now I’m going through the same drama of canceling my subscription because there is no unsubscribe or cancel button on the website, instead you have to either call or email them.
 
The Products: All Julep polishes are Five-Free (free of formaldehyde, toluene, dibutyl phthalate, formaldehyde resin, and camphor) and vegan-friendly, which is what prompted me to try this box. The polishes are lovely; they go on smooth and are quick drying. And I’ve always been a fan of Polish Corrector Pens (this one came with three extra replacement tips, which is always a plus). I’m just not too thrilled with the base coat, I have a particular brand that I like to use, which is why I didn’t choose one for my selection.
 
Overall, the products were lovely but I wasn’t thrilled with their customer service. In this case, it would be easier to go to the store and get what I wanted rather than subscribing and getting something different from what you ordered. 

No comments: