Monday, July 13, 2020

Mid-Year Freak Out Tag

Hello Lovelies!


It’s tag time! I’ve been wanting to do the Mid-Year Freak Out Tag (I can't believe it's mid-year already) for the last few years and I kept forgetting so this year I put it in my planner so I would remember.

This year’s been a bit different on the reading front. I’ve really been getting into reading more thrillers this year and catching up on authors I’ve wanted to try for years.

Some of the books mentioned will be reviewed in the coming weeks (I’m slightly behind on reviews).

 
Best book you’ve read so far in 2020.


The Guest List by Lucy Foley had all the right elements making it such an entertaining thriller and my favorite read so far this year.


Best sequel you've read so far in 2020.


So, it’s not a sequel (I don’t read a lot of books that have sequels) but Heart of Evil (second in the Krewe of Hunters series) by Heather Graham was a great one I read this year.


New release you haven't read yet, but want to.


There’s so many…but the ones that are up next on my TBR pile are The Jane Austen Society by Natalie Jenner, The Mountains Wild by Sarah Stewart Taylor, Home Before Dark by Riley Sager, Hideaway by Nora Roberts.


Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.


The Deadly Hours (anthology) comes out in September and while it’s an anthology, I’m eager to read Susanna Kearsley’s story. It’s been a minute since I’ve read something from Kearsley and she does such an amazing job with the modern gothic/woman in jeopardy tropes.


Biggest disappointment.



Not According to Plan by A.M. Madden was such a letdown. I should have DNF’d it but I stayed until the horrid end.


Biggest surprise.


Wife after Wife by Olivia Hayfield was an interesting modern day take on King Henry VIII. I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this book considering I’m such a stickler for staying true to Tudor history.


Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)

Heather Graham. I’ve been meaning to check out her Krewe of Hunters series for yonks and finally picked up the first four books in the series and now I’m addicted.


Newest favourite character.


I’d have to say Hunter from Summer on Honeysuckle Ridge by Debbie Mason. He was an all-around good guy and just fun to read about.


Book that made you cry.


I’m not a crier but Cowboy Strong by Carolyn Brown tugged at my heartstrings.


Book that made you happy.


Always Be My Banshee by Molly Harper. Molly Harper’s paranormal romances always leave me with a smile on my face.


Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
 

It’s been a minute since I’ve bought a book but when Thomas Nelson released their laser-cut edition of Jane Eyre a few weeks ago, I had to have it and it’s such a lovely book. Not only is the book gorgeous with its laser-cut cover and book mark, the quality is amazing.


What books do you need to read by the end of the year?

So many books…you should see my TBR pile mountain. It would take me years to name them all.


Want to join in? Feel free to grab the prompts below!

  1. Best book you’ve read so far in 2020.
  2. Best sequel you've read so far in 2020.
  3. New release you haven't read yet, but want to.
  4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.
  5. Biggest disappointment.
  6. Biggest surprise.
  7. Favourite new author. (Debut or new to you)
  8. Newest favourite character.
  9. Book that made you cry.
  10. Book that made you happy.
  11. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)
  12. What books do you need to read by the end of the year?


 

No comments: