Tuesday, October 4, 2022

The Cozy Autumn Book Tag


I am such an Autumn soul so when I found this Cozy Fall Book Tag, which was originally created by The Book Belle on YouTube, I knew it was the perfect book tag. So, I’m not going tag anyone in particular but, if you want to play along, feel free to leave your answers.

 

Here we go…

1. What book always reminds you of fall/autumn?

 


If I had to pick one book in particular, I would have to say Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Every major event in Jane and Rochester’s lives happen during the autumn season.

 

If I had to pick a genre, it would have to be classic gothic literature. They offer the perfect Spooky Season vibes.

 

2. What is your favorite autumnal book cover?

 

There’s so many beautiful autumnal covers; this post would be a mile long if I listed them all. I’m going to pick from recent releases. My favorites have to be

 


Small Town Big Magic by Hazel Beck—it has a lovely cozy, witchy spooky season vibe.

 


At Home on Marigold Lane by Debbie Mason—this is the coziest autumnal cover that I’ve seen released this season.

 

3. What is your favorite autumnal drink to read with?

 

I’m more of a hot tea drinker but it really depends on my mood. Lately I’ve been leaning more towards a London Fog with a shot of lavender or a pumpkin spice chai. If I’m in a coffee mood, it’s a PSL or caramel pumpkin oat milk macchiato.

 

 

4. Do you prefer to read late at night or early in the morning?

 

It really depends; I will read in the morning but I tend to read more at night, which often results in a book hangover.

 

5. Halloween is coming! What is your favorite spooky read?

 

Again, this depends on my mood. I love classic gothics, paranormal romances, modern day thrillers or mysteries.

 

 

6. What is the ultimate comfort read for you?

 


I love small town romances that have a strong sense of family and community. The Swift River Valley series by Carla Neggers and the Highland Falls series by Debbie Mason are two of my favorites.

 


 

7. What is your favorite autumnal reading snack?

 

I love a good homemade pumpkin scone or a pumpkin spice teacake.

 

8. What is your favorite autumnal candle to burn whilst reading?

 

At the moment, I’ve been loving Pumpkin Pecan Waffles from Bath and Body Works although I tend to change my candle based on the book that I’m reading.

 

 

9. When you’re not reading, what is your favorite autumnal activity?

 

I love baking, taking walks, and leaf pepping.

 

10. What is on your autumn/fall reading list?

Oh my goodness, there’s so many that I’d like to get through this season but I’ll narrow it down to ten.

 


1-Spells For Forgetting by Adrienne Young



2-Small Town Big Magic by Hazel Beck



3-The Hunting Party by Lucy Foley



4-House of Hunger by Alexis Henderson



5-The Hacienda by Isabel Canas


6-Daisy Darker by Alice Feeney



7-Practical Magic by Alice Hoffman



8-Cackle by Rachel Harrison



9-The Lighthouse Witches by C.J. Cooke



10-In the Night Wood by Dale Bailey 

No comments: