Sunday, October 2, 2022

The Sunday Post, October 2, 2022

 Hello, Lovelies, I hope you’re all doing fantastic!

I’ve been a bit absent on the blog. To make a long story short, the contractor that was hired at the end of May to remodel my front porch scampered off with my money, the new contractor hasn’t shown up when he said he would, and the numerous lawyer appointments were a waste of time and even more money. At this point, I have no idea when the front porch will be finished and the building code inspector is getting a bit cranky. To say I’ve been stressed is an understatement. It’s been a bit hard to carve out time for blogging but, hopefully, Blogtober will get me back into the blogging grove.

 

Yesterday my town had a fun little Hocus Pocus Shop Hop and Adult trick or treating. I went with a dear friend of mine and her sweet little girl and we had a good time. I had intended to take pics for Instagram but most of them had my friend’s daughter in them and I’m not comfortable sharing photos of someone’s child. Here’s a few random ones I snapped.

 


setup inside local pizza place



I loved getting out and supporting the small businesses that’s popped up in town. I picked up a fun little Fall hat, a Hocus Pocus shirt, some fun bath bombs, and had a lovely white pumpkin latte from one of the local cafes. While I enjoyed the Shop Hop, I wish it hadn’t been so alcohol based, as a non-drinker it’s a bit of a turn off.

 

Today, if all goes well, I should be picking out the railings for my front porch—if the contractor shows up. He was a no-show last weekend. I also have a few errands that I need to run before the week starts; I’ve been rearranging things and decluttering so I need to pick up some storage totes and such and do a bit of grocery shopping.

 


On the reading front, I finally got my reading groove back. I wasn’t in a slump, I just wasn’t able to concentrate with everything going on. There’s a few books I need to finish, Chase Wilde Comes Home by Jennifer Ryan (I have a little over 3 hours left on the audiobook) and A Dark and Stormy Tea by Laura Childs (I’m about half way through). I’ll finish one of these today, probably Chase Wilde Comes Home as I’ll listen to it in the car. I’m just not feeling A Dark and Stormy Tea, I’m a bit bored with it to be honest. While I love the Tea Shop Mysteries, I’m feeling they’re a bit hit or miss with me lately. I also need to try to focus a bit more on Home Before Dark by Riley Sager to see if I can get into it. If you’ve read it, does it get any better or is it slow and choppy?

 

Work has been a bit crazy lately; I’m hoping that things slow down this week as I have some house things I need to get done at the start of the week. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday my on-line book group is hosting a read-a-thon, sadly, I think it’s going to be our last one as things start getting back to normal and our work schedules have changed. I’m hoping I’ll be able to participate for two days. I’d like to do all three, I just don’t see that happening.

 

What are reading? What are you watching? Are you ready to get your Spooky Season on? I want to know what you’ve been up to!

 

I hope you all have a fantastic week!

The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted by Kimberly @ 
Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received. Share news about what is coming up on your blog for the week ahead. Join in weekly, bi-weekly or for a monthly wrap up.
 

No comments: