Monday, May 27, 2019

Falling for the Billionaire Wolf and His Baby by Sasha Summers

When Jessa Talbot’s boss offered her a promotion, she agreed—no questions asked. Her family needed the money, but fighting the attraction she feels for her brooding employer is tough. Worse, she instantly bonds with his infant son she’s caring for. But this is a temporary solution and she can’t get attached to either of them.

Finnegan Dean is cursed. He’s a nicely dressed monster, the wolf inside always looking for a way out. But there are two things he and his wolf agree on. They must protect baby Oscar and Jessa—his mate. While the wolf hungers to seal their bond, Finn fights the instinct. After all, if he really cares for her, he’d never doom her to the life he lives.
 
Series: Blood Moon Brotherhood #1 | Publisher: Amara/Entangled Publishing | Genre: Paranormal Romance  | Source:  Purchased | Rating: 3.5 Cups

Challenges Read For:  - Bad Boys of Romance Literary Pickers  Fireplace - 2019 Try Something New- New-to-me Author
 
I picked this one (and the other two books in the series) up during the sale Entangled was having and I have to say, I don’t regret it. I did have a slight problem with it—but still no regrets.
 
Here’s what’s going on. When Finn discovers he has a newborn son he decides his best employee, Jessa, is perfect for the job. Although he wasn’t expecting his wolf to want her as his mate. When Jessa accepted the job, she had no idea what Finn was but now she’s fallen for Oscar as well as Finn and there’s no way she can walk away from them. And now that trouble is closing in on his son and his nanny, Finn’s determined to do what it takes to protect them.
 
I had a fun time with this book. There’s danger, action, chemistry, humor, romance, and passion lurking around every corner making this an interesting read.
 
Finn was my favorite. He’s 100% alpha in everything that he does but he’s constantly engaging in an inner war with his wolf. He’s determined to keep that side of him bottled up and he can’t really find inner peace. That inner struggle made him rather endearing. There’s also this softer side of Finn when he’s around Jessa and his son that I enjoyed.
 
Jessa is a tough cookie—I don’t think I’d want to go up against her. She’s raised her siblings so she used to looking after others and it made her a natural when it came to looking after Oscar. She’s also very determined and not afraid to stand up to Finn.
 
Finn and Jessa were amazing together. The chemistry was bursting off the pages and they had this great connection. While the fated mate thing wasn’t mentioned, their relationship had that vibe but it wasn’t an insta-lust/love. They were slow to start and I liked that.
 
The suspense and actions bits of this book were brilliant. Each time something happened, I found myself wrapped up in the plot and speeding through the pages. I also liked how the backstory of the drama was included without bogging the book down.  
 
The way Finn was turned into a werewolf was so different from any shifter book that I’ve read and I have to give the author kudos for thinking outside the box. While I would have liked to have had more regarding the ‘Others’, I still found the paranormal world that she built to be interesting.
 
Now for the problem I had. While Finn and Jenna’s romance was tied up in a nice bow, there’s still a major issue regarding Finn and Jenna that needs to be addressed. I’m pretty sure this will be one of the plot arcs of the series but it still gave this book that cliffhanger feel. If the entire series would have been Finn and Jenna’s story, I would have been fine with this major event carrying over to the next book or two, but it’s not. The following books focus on two different couples meaning this issue is probably not going to get a lot of page time and I find that irritating. I would have much rather had Finn and Jenna’s entire story tied up, not just their romance given how much focus was on this particular thing.
 
Overall, I enjoyed the book. Finn and Jenna were great and the secondary characters made me eager to start the next book. I still have an issue with their story not being completely resolved.




Blood Moon Brotherhood  Series

Falling for the Billionaire Wolf and His Baby
Rescued by the Wolf
Protecting the Wolf’ Mate

No comments: