Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Unzipped by Lauren Blakely

Picture this - I’m ready to win back the love of my life, and I’m going big this time. We’re talking boom box, sing her name in the rain, let the whole damn neighborhood know I'm good and ready this time around. After all, if you're going to grand gesture the ever-loving hell out of a second chance, you need to pull out all the stops.


There’s only one little problem.  


My college girlfriend isn't the one who shows up when I play my "I'll do anything to win you back" tune.  


The woman who flings open the second-floor window tells me my ex doesn’t live here anymore. But she'll help me win her back. Anything for romance, anything for a guy so willing to go big for love. And that's what I want at first. Until I get to know my new “romance coach” and discover she’s funny, clever, and keeps me on my toes. And boy, do I ever need that.

Now I don't want to win anyone else’s heart. I want the woman who's been helping me all along.
 Trouble is - she thinks I'm in love with someone else, and when we take off on a road trip, everything I think I know about women is about to be unzipped and turned inside out.

Publisher: Audible | Narrators: Joe Arden and Andi Arndt | Length: 6 hrs and 30 mins Genre: Contemporary Romance  | Source: Publisher  | Rating: 4 Cups
Challenges Read For:  - Literary Pickers : Phone/device charger


What happens when you ‘Say Anything’ the wrong woman?

 

Here’s what’s going on. Tom (Kyler) is determined to win his college girlfriend back and decides to go full “Lloyd Dobler” (if you don’t know who that is watch Say Anything, the John Cusack romcom made in 1989) but he accidentally gets the wrong window and the wrong woman. Finley’s determined to save her television show and she’s been waiting for inspiration to strike so when Tom shows up it was like a gift from the gods of creativity. She’s even more thrilled when he agrees to let her use his mission to win back his girlfriend as fodder for her show. Although something has gone wrong with their plan and soon they’re falling for each other. The only thing left to do is admit it.

I’ve been devouring a ton of Lauren Blakely books as of late and they’ve been a bit hit and miss. Thankfully, Unzipped was a hit. This was such a fun book.

 

Tom’s a great guy. He’s kind, caring, and has his act together. Although he’s got a bit of learning to do about the dos and don’ts of dating. Finley’s been having a bit of an internal struggle about her television show. The show’s teetering, and she’s afraid her late mother was right about needing to find a new career. Although when she meets Tom, he makes her realize just how important it is to follow her dreams.

 

Finley and Tom was such a great couple. They had amazing chemistry and I enjoyed that they got to know each other before jumping in to a relationship. The only problem I had was the way Finley shut down after getting bad news and how Tom just let her go without speaking up and telling her how he really felt.

 

I really enjoyed Joe Arden’s narration. He just makes you take notice of what he’s saying. This time I struggled a bit with Andi Arndt’s narration. She just seemed a bit whiney and dramatic in this one than the others she’s narrated.

 
Overall, this was fun one chocked full of movie quotes and fun characters.






No comments: